Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm. everything i've read on RBB'S doesn't really fit - and the juvies should be more grey-black aparently... not green - but more with RBB's - the desire for moist climates and water - there's no water (as in creeks or anything similiar) for ages and ages and ages to my knowledge..

i think the yellow faced whip is winning at the moment... but no explanation for the really red belly yet..

PhilK.... similiar yes! Thankyou for that image - what is it?

but this guy i found was alot bigger and a bit greener on top... and with distinctive white stripes across his eyes.

but maybe that's a hatchling of the same species? unless you just have enormous hands...

That's not me holding him hahaha I found it on the net. I actually think it is from the U.S. but I thought I'd see if it looked similar incase someone else recognises it?

looking at hawke's image - there's a bit of a red tinge glowing from the underbelly - i'm gunna just say this one at hook island was a bit of a special kid... showing off.

and that would mean my general snakey instincts were okay-ish - whips are pretty okay really - a bit of localised swelling.. i wasn't going to die.. geesh.

so... anyone here wanna sell me a yellow faced whip?

From what you describe i vote the yellow faced whip, this one seems to have pretty distinctive white marks around the eyes

Attachments

• YFWhip.jpg
    YFWhip.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
it wont be a rbb, they are not olive or green as babies, that is not a juvi rbb being held in that pick either, if it is an ozzy snake being held it looks like a golden crown, definitley not a rbb.

sounds like a yellow face whip that you saw on the island, they do variy a bit from area to area.

i'd say yellow faced whippie, good luck on finding them for sale, i have been looking for a while with no luck

it could also be a new specie's not yet been descovered and I dout its a RBB I've object handled a hatchy and it was jet black with bright red belly fisty little bugger too.

Hello everyone,

He was about 2-3 ft, and about as thick as a finger. Green to olive colouring on top with little white stripes across his eyes, but the most stunning thing was his bright vibrant red belly.

My best guess was some kind of whip snake.

As previously said it sounds like a yellow faced whip snake (demansia psammophis)

Just to clarify, the pic I posted of the guy holding a snake. I'm 98% sure that was in America/Canada. So can't be a RBBS

Maybe it was on holidays from somewhere too?
That would explain the red belly (sunburn) :)

If a whip snake let someone pick it up, I'd suggest the red belly would be from an illness / infection.
They are fast, flightly snakes and certainly don't sit on your hand and constrict your fingers.

cant you tell its a red belly crossed with a gtp its happerning up there you know lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back