Red Eye Green Tree Frog Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom17

Reaction score
Hello, I wasn't sure if this was the right place to put it because its my first time. Anyway...
I was given one Tree frog from a friend and i put it in my terrarium, I have no idea how to look after the small thing (I want to keep it). Could i have some help?
If it helps, I have a big tank, Around 90cm*40cm*50cm

Last edited:
omg hope you can set him up quickly so he can get some heat for the most basic setup to keep him alive for a few day till you get to the shop you need a fish tank water heater to heat up the tank for him and some large rocks up one end to get out of the water on and hopefully a palm plant for him to climb onto.... not to mention a fly wire lid --------but this is only emergancy tank to keep him alive till you get to the pet shot tomoro to get a proper set up

omg hope you can set him up quickly so he can get some heat for the most basic setup to keep him alive for a few day till you get to the shop you need a fish tank water heater to heat up the tank for him and some large rocks up one end to get out of the water on and hopefully a palm plant for him to climb onto.... not to mention a fly wire lid --------but this is only emergancy tank to keep him alive till you get to the pet shot tomoro to get a proper set up

What things do i need?

Simple is better,,, Keep moisture available 24hrs a day... Eventhough they realy only move around at night. & like what was already said,, plenty of live healthy crickets, moths, flies.

This is my RETF enclosure,,, And thats plenty enough stuff for them...I just go with a little loose rock for the substrate. Fresh water. & feed them at night. & dont touch them without washing your hands.

Attachments

• IMG_8514.jpg
    IMG_8514.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 143
The light is a 1 or 2% uv bulb... I didnt mention that cuz i am not sure you have a Red Eye(thats why i asked for a pic)... If you have a common tree frog you dont need the uv bulb,,(most likley scenario) But if you do indeed have a RETF youl need a lliittllee bit of uv..

Where are you & where did the frog come from??

Hey,
to begin with you should start with some basics, land and water base and plenty of things to climb on, and have a regular supply of crickets....
Once this is done you can build on it... you might want to invest in a water filter, and make sure there are some rocks as well.. at the moment i have about a quater to a third of the base as rocks and fake plants an the rest is about 3 cm of water with a rock base.... you should then add in plenty of logs and things to climb on... and make sure that there is a reliable source of heat a light would be most suitable, then you can build on that as well....
There are other things that will help as well, like correct ventilation and so on

As the frog gets bigger you can then begin to introduce the rare pinky (baby mouse) into the diet...

Hope i have been able to help

The light is a 1 or 2% uv bulb... I didnt mention that cuz i am not sure you have a Red Eye(thats why i asked for a pic)... If you have a common tree frog you dont need the uv bulb,,(most likley scenario) But if you do indeed have a RETF youl need a lliittllee bit of uv..

Where are you & where did the frog come from??

Ok, My friend Sam at work she gave it to me (not sure where it came from) I'm 99% sure its a red eye because it looks just like yours and last night when it was jumping all over the place and It had Big red eyes

My terrarium is 3ft and used to keep a scorpion (which is now dead), The bottom is creaked, So i can only use a bowl. the whole this is dirty (I can place rocks over the dirt) all my planes are alive

Not sure where you are located, but I know in Victoria Red eye tree frogs are actually on advanced license. So either having one of those, or applying for one would be high on the list.

Not sure where you are located, but I know in Victoria Red eye tree frogs are actually on advanced license. So either having one of those, or applying for one would be high on the list.
Im in adelaide

Well in QLD if you find it on your property you can keep it on your property & not move it...(without licences) But we get them naturally up here,,You wouldnt down there unless its a stowaway,,, Anaway i would check(because i am not up to date with S.A's laws,, but i would bet my bottom dollar that what you are doing is illegal.

Well in QLD if you find it on your property you can keep it on your property & not move it...(without licences) But we get them naturally up here,,You wouldnt down there unless its a stowaway,,, Anaway i would check(because i am not up to date with S.A's laws,, but i would bet my bottom dollar that what you are doing is illegal.

I looked it up and i found out you dont need any permit. You should just go to a pet shop and buy one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back