Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jordo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just another thread to whinge about our system. Hopefully there are some people on here with a bit of sway in the DSE, I'm sure they keep an eye on the reptile forums

So we've recently had the thread about the silly requirement to give out our address for every sale/purchase:
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/general-discussion-42/decc-victoria-135737

What about all the animals we can't keep. Sure they've added a few geckoes to the list but we're running a bit behind. I'd give an arm and a leg for the privilege of being able to keep depressa or brevicauda. And seeing the ring tailed gecko ads being bumped up every week recently is torture (can you put me on the list for 3 years time?). I have heard rumors we will be bought up to speed with our keeping lists soon, but only rumors...

would be great, still waiting for litoria gilleni and acanthophis wellsi >.<

I've heard that a few people in WA have to force feed their Wellsi.. Can't be much fun? Interesting that we actually have something on our keepers list that Victorians dont...

It must be even more frustrating for you WA folks but for us we miss out on a lot that NSW and Qld can keep.

I hear a rumour our license is getting renewed in 2012 !!!!

Jordo.... have you finished your Uni assignments?? Get off APS and do your homework lol

Yeah, there's not much point then jay coz we all know the world is going to end ;)
I had the day off uni so i finished it and emailed it in. So sick at the moment and have another one due tomorrow :(

They are taking submissions at the moment for anything that you think needs
to be added to our keep lists, you can find the forms on the DSE web site, When filling them out you will need to include every possible aspect of keeping proposed animals. The review is in 2012!
I was informed last week the submission time ends at 30 June!

Last edited:
It would be nice to have a system in Victoria like they do in QLD, if the animal is captive bred and comes from a legal source we are allowed to keep it.

That would save time and resources for everyone, WPTAC, DSE and us humble keepers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back