Rough Scaled Pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

carbs

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey guys can anyone direct me to some definitive info about roughies ?? ive been doing some research on them but havnt come up with a whole lot?? and is there any breeders anyone would recommend for them?

Unfortunetly where i live it's a bit desert....

But i read something about morelia carinata from John Weigel, so try to get that, full of good informations.

If you don't find anybook, articles... i can try to sum up what i read to have give you some informations.

Read 'Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons' (edited by Mike Swan, 2007). Excellent source of information with a chapter on roughies. Retails for around $50-$60.

snake ranch website also has a lot of info on there about roughies. best place to look since that is the original home and all. good luck

they may have extremely large teeth but i have found mine to be the most placid python in my collection. Keep like any other aboreal species, hides and perches. Eats like a pig but is a dainty feeder.

cool thanks for that guys very helpfull and yeah i think id like to buy them off snake ranch seeing as i have heard many great things about John Weigel

cool thanks for that guys very helpfull and yeah i think id like to buy them off snake ranch seeing as i have heard many great things about John Weigel
Hi there "Carbs" and yes we (at Snake Ranch) have roughies for sale, they are excellent snakes to have and as you're in Qld you don't have to have a special licence (as we do in NSW). Blanca looks after the hatchlings and I haven't heard her complaining about Roughies striking at her (and she'd tell me if they did) so they must be pretty easy to handle. Look forward to hearing from you.

Just read Marylin's post...where I got mine. Recommend Snake Ranch very highly!!! :)

sorry marilyn I got mine from urs. I can tell you in the coule of years I have had mine they are an amazing reptile my female is a little stroppy when she is in shed but other then that complete angels. I have been bitten by on once but it was a just a quick hit like a feeding response. other than that they are great handlers you can go into my albums I have a heap of pics in there of my roughies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back