sand monitors

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

python blue

Reaction score
Hi just recently about 2 or 3 weeks ago i boutght a 3 year old pair of sand monitors about a week ago the male died for an unknown reason proberbly because when i got him he was very malunourised 2 days ago the female laid 10 eggs all health and all fretile i would rely appreacite some advice on the incubation and every thing about them from keepers as the man i bought them of dident give me any info thanks.

incubate at 31c and it will take 3.5 month plus.
post some pics of your set up if you think there not doing so well.

id go 30 odd degress temp wise for the eggs and incubation varies from 169 days to the high 200 days in length,and hatchlings can hatch weeks apart,sorry about the loss of the male,there is a good chance your eggs arent fertile or if the female is malnourished they may not make full term,but theres also a chance they will be fine,so good luck and dont be afraid to ask for suggestions,how is the condition of the female?u will need to feed the bejesus out of her so she regains condition,egglaying takes a toll on them,good luck

Hi sorry i cant post any pics atm i can next week as im away on hollidays atm in woolgoolga near coffs harbour and my mom has set the temp to 30 is that ok or should i go 1 more degree up?oh the eggs are fertile as the all have the little red veins in them with is a good sign i hope,after she laid the eggs she was in teribly condition and then i was feeding her twice aday with whole rodents,kangaroo and beef heart and she has put all the weight back on they are on day 10 of incubation and mum mum said they are all still white which is good tristis can you please post a pic of your set up for them if you have them thanks.

my pair live in a 6x3x3. the pics are a bit dark, but its just a big stack in the midle and a few rocks and logs.

Attachments

• 100_0326.JPG
    100_0326.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 100_0327.JPG
    100_0327.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 100_0328.JPG
    100_0328.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 101
well they sound like good eggs mate,now the loooooooooooooooooooong wait,lol,nice set up tristis,and yes they lose a heck of a lot of condition when they lay,thats normal,and they eat big time to regain condition as im sure you are seeing,lol,good luck with the eggs

Hey Tristis, do they have an outdoor enclosure as well? Just wondering as once i move into a house i'm going to look at getting some bigger monitors (is a while away but i'm planning for it anyway!) How old are yours?

python blue i'm sorry to hear about your male. Good luck with the eggs and here's hoping you get some good news in a few months!

Hi tristis,
my male looks like the one in your pic up there but the female looks nothinhing like it exept the head shape but other wise she is alot darker in colour and has yellow on her is that normal?but on sunday i will post some pics and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back