Scary grasshopper/mantis

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

falconboy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
So, standing at my mums front door after knocking on it, I suddenly see this thing in front of my nose. It may be harmless, but I can you I jumped a mile and screamed like a girl. :lol:

Not sure exactly what it is, but since its green and hops I assume its a grasshopper. :rolleyes:

Enjoy!

Attachments

• greenscarything.jpg
    greenscarything.jpg
    468.1 KB · Views: 182
So, standing at my mums front door after knocking on it, I suddenly see this thing in front of my nose. It may be harmless, but I can you I jumped a mile and screamed like a girl. :lol:

Not sure exactly what it is, but since its green and hops I assume its a grasshopper. :rolleyes:

Enjoy!

HAHAHAHA....Better check the undies lol. Nah just kiddin falconboy. Very funny though i LMAO when i read it.

Thanks for the laugh

Yeh, I've seen them around here. Pretty cool to watch walk around and if your lucky see them catch something to eat:D

praying mantis lol if only someone had a video camera falconboy

EVer get those huge ones after it rains, and you pick them up and the buggers bite into you and clamp you with their big arm thingys. I try and get them off the footpath and come out bleeding.
Thats grattitude 4 ya.

Thats the Shirling coming out in you falconboy.. Screaming at a Mantis... *chuckles*

It was even scarier when it turned its head and looked at me. Thank god it wasn't Mantis lunchtime. I got the pic and got the hell out of there. :oops:

awww its cute :D i used to breed those haha
Praying mantids are awesome methinks :) grow some hairy bllz and harden the .. up hehehe :p

Natalie

It was even scarier when it turned its head and looked at me. Thank god it wasn't Mantis lunchtime. I got the pic and got the hell out of there. :oops:

So true-they're all too knowing with the way they turn their heads and look at you! :shock:
Funny story though! :D

Strange that in the mantis world these male /female remarks would be reversed. Often the female decapitates the male and then eats him straight after copulation....

Praying Mantis are cool, my bro used to have one, fed it live crickets, it's awesome watching them stalk & kill their prey. As a kid I had an egg case in my room, mum freaked out when they hatched & I had a couple of hundred mini mantis running around haha.

No need to be such a wuss next time mate, they're harmless you can pick em up, I've never been bitten by one. It's just a praying mantis, not a funnel web spider. Phasmids are awesome!

Ive been bitten, or rather, eaten alive :lol: it grabbed onto my thumb and just started chewing haha! it was hilarious.. I had an egg sac too, (many of them actually as i used to breed them) and i had HUNDREDS your not wrong there, heaps and heaps and heaps hatch out! I think its a survival thing, because something that small is bound to be preyed upon by all!

Nat ;) x

Strange that in the mantis world these male /female remarks would be reversed. Often the female decapitates the male and then eats him straight after copulation....

Or even during mating, and the male continues without a head (what a stallion!)

they are fantastic creatures especially to watch, i once watched a karate doco on prey mantis moves interesting and quite similar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back