Setting up a terrarium and keeping Red-eyed tree frogs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Breust_x

Reaction score
I've always loved animals and have taken a particular liking to reptiles since i did work experience in the Herpetology section at Taronga zoo.
I'd really like to keep red-eyed tree frogs but before I decide I want a few simple questions answered. (if there is a good site with all the info just send me there..)
- Can you keep one red-eyed tree frog or do they prefer company?
- If so, can you confirm gender as to avoid breeding?
- Approximately how much am i looking at spending to set up a terrarium for 1 to 2 frogs?

thanks!

You can find tanks for relatively cheaply on eBay, otherwise a terrarium from a pet store will set you back anywhere from $80-$300 depending on size etc.

You'll need an advanced license I think for Red-Eyes, and as usual if you opt for younger ones they will be cheaper.

Be careful if going to an aquarium, as they will sometimes be more salesmen than reptile experts. I'd do some research on tropical Australian frogs to make sure you're only buying what you need.
Here is a good guide for keeping White-Lipped Tree Frogs, which have roughly the same habitat as Red-Eyes
http://frogs.org.au/x/media/cs-infrafrenata.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back