Sexing it up

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
where is wattle grove vet hospital?

i got incontact with a local herp vet, going to book an appointment to get it sexed, and possibly a health check

had it probed, but they didnt have a small enough probe to do it at the vet, there not used to getting snakes so small coming in. she believes its a girl, coz it only went in for a few scales, and she said she could feel it hitting something at the end, but i dunno if she just missed or something :( cost me 45 bucks, so im not going somewhere else to have the same thing happen, ill call it a girls name, and have to wait untill she gets probed again.

hugely disapointed, i dont have much money, and cant afford to blow it on inconclusive evidence.

Thats definately not good Chad,if she didn't have a small enough probe then she shouldn't have even tried. She obviously isn't very experienced & I would suggest getting in contact with an experienced APS member to help you out.

i know, my feelings exactly. i told them how old and how big it was before i even went there ffs. but oh well, live and learn, means ill have to spend more money go sumwhere else.

Arrggggghh!

You might need to do what I told you to do if you want to have it sexed Chad....at least you can be sure that you'd have someone who knows what they're doing sexing it.

The vets that others have recommended in Perth are a great resource, and I agree wholeheartedly you should contact them and touch base, find out general pricing etc- then you will have a better idea, and you will learn who you do and don't like from meeting with them.

Will talk to you more on MSN later....we'll get it sorted for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back