Shar Pei

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaotic

Reaction score
How much would you expect to pay for a pure bred Shar Pei (rolly dog), I got one yesterday and I paid $700 for him. Average price or ripped off?

it an alrite price i guess show us a pic of him lol

Ohhh, cant wait to see pics!
I have always wanted one of these!
Plan on getting one once i move out of home later on.

this is my big boofer. I called him Chuck. He is 13 weeks old and gets on fantastic with my other dog Lilo

Attachments

• Chuck 13 weeks.JPG
    Chuck 13 weeks.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 52
  • Chuck.JPG
    Chuck.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 55
i don't regret paying that much for him...he was definately worth it....he grunts like a piggy and it is so so cute

Naawww he's adorable!!! I wanna wobble his rolls :D

i think $700 is pretty good
i paid about $900 a couple of years ago for mine
great dogs

The following is not meant to come across as nasty:

Didn't you research before you made a nearly lifelong descision of taking on a shar pei as part of your family? Hence knowing what other breeders sell for and what other owners have bought for?

does price come under the essential criteria for buying a dog? i thought temperament, behaviour, and how suited it is to your lifestyle would be more important. price shouldnt be an issue i wouldnt think. if its what you truly want you should go for it. unless you were particularly looking for a bargain which would be the wrong reason to get a dog.

$700 the rough price that a black shar-pei can fetch. A proper bloodline 5point red animal can fetch in excess of $3,000 - $4,000. My shar-pei is worth around that, but since he lost his right eye as a puppy, we got him for allot cheaper than you got your boy ;) Sorry to say but the black shar-pei's don't seem to be worth as much because so many are around compared to a cream coloured or red coloured bloodline.

I'll give you a bit of advice, god knows you'll need it with a shar-pei. They love to run, if you take your dog to the park he will run and run and run. Our boy gets a walk a day and at least some time at the park, plus he goes out the front to go to the toilet fairly often. They don't go to the toilets near they're food, they are one of the cleanest dog's you will ever meet, I suggest at least once a day you take him for a 10min walk to go to do a crap. Your dog will come to this stage in about a year where he will argue with you. For example. when ours was that age, if he was at the top of the stairs (where he wasn't allowed) I would say go down stairs, he would growl, if would say go down stairs again, he would growl again, after one final time I would grab his collar and nudge him down the first few steps, he would bark and turn around and growl, not because he was going to attack me, but to say "Hey, F*@K off!!".They also use there paws allot when playing(it makes it easy to teach them to shake hands).

Here's just a rough overview of the dog, if I can get my mum on the computer I can get her to help you out with their food, and which meats you use etc etc help allot with the coat and ear problems they are suppose to get often.

Kane

How much would you expect to pay for a pure bred Shar Pei (rolly dog), I got one yesterday and I paid $700 for him. Average price or ripped off?

Where did you buy him? Purebreds with champion bloodlines and bred by professionals cost a lot. I notice the gap's been closing though, with pet shops and backyard breeders charging comparable prices, breeding/selling dogs with poor genetics, just to make a quick buck.

I think its insane, does anyone else remember when I pure breed dog use to be about $500, you go into pet shops now and they are close to $1000- its insane!

i didnt know they came in black,..hes gorgeous! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back