Should Queensland go for Daylight Savings?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Queensland adopt Daylight Savings

• Queensland should adopt Daylight Savings

Votes: 60 46.5%
  • Queensland should NOT adopt Daylight Savings

Votes: 69 53.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

slim6y

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Bligh says we should have a referendum on the subject... what do you say?

I think daylight savings in Australia is silly. If anything have it in winter, we get more than enough sun in summer. THe whole thing is stupid to me, just pointless confusion with "OH **** IM MEANT TO BE AT WORK"

Of course you guys should! What the hell can you do with an hour of daylight between 4:30 & 5:30am that isn't going to be done better between 6:30 & 7:30pm?

In the tropics we have approximately 12 hour days already - sun rises at 6am and sets close to 7pm (I know, that's 13 hours - that's summer for us).

This happens pretty much for the entire year.

The shortest days the sun sets around 5pm and the longest around 7pm (give or take).

Daylight savings in the tropics will mean a late night for kiddies or more air conditioning use....

Daylight savings for EVERYONE means an hour less sleep in the morning!!!

I don't mind if it happens in the SE of Qld but not TFNQ!!

HELL NO!! I adore my sleep, and HATE confusion... I don't want to be getting up an hour earlier for no real reason. I don't care what time I get home, NO to daylight savings!

Sunrise is the best time of day in qld to be out doing something before work. Temps are cool and less idiots to deal with. Why would you want to waste the best part of the day stuck in the office.

NO...I freakin hate daylight savings, I'm looking forward to it not being in Queensland when we move up

HELL NO!! I adore my sleep, and HATE confusion... I don't want to be getting up an hour earlier for no real reason. I don't care what time I get home, NO to daylight savings!

It would actually suit you better, think about it! :lol::lol::lol:

I remember a city in the North Island of NZ decided against daylight savings - so as you entered the city during Daylight Savings time there was a big sign that said - "Slow Down - You're an Hour Early Anyway"

daylight savings is stupid, no state should be using it, it makes life confusing and hard!

I think daylight savings in Australia is silly. If anything have it in winter, we get more than enough sun in summer. THe whole thing is stupid to me, just pointless confusion with "OH **** IM MEANT TO BE AT WORK"

Hell yes! Couldn't have said it better!
If anything, the rest of Australia needs to ditch it and come in line with Queensland!
IF we had Daylight Savings at all, why not in Winter when there would actually be some benefit?
I don't understand businesses who say it's hard to to cope with different time zones :? If THAT is hard, I would suggest you have more to worry about than what time the clock is set at.
I am a morning person anyway. And I can remember as a kid, having to go to bed in stinking hot daylight :(
A big fat NO to Daylight Saving!!

I feel much better now, thanks :lol:

No way, I dont really get the idea behind it when we already have at least 12 hours of sun in summer anyway.

If you want more sunlight hours, try waking up an hour earlier...

Here we go again though with Anna Bligh trying to take the focus off her general incompetence with a debate about something that we don't need, and she is saying she will have a referendum over the whole thing. What a massive waste of money!

No way, I dont really get the idea behind it when we already have at least 12 hours of sun in summer anyway.

If you want more sunlight hours, try waking up an hour earlier...

Here we go again though with Anna Bligh trying to take the focus off her general incompetence with a debate about something that we don't need, and she is saying she will have a referendum over the whole thing. What a massive waste of money!

Someone should link Anna to this site and thread then....

It's looking fairly unanimous (at the mo).

Nice work for the others with their reasoning - it all makes sense to NOT have Daylight Savings - it's a waste of an hour... And the remainder of the country should be pulled into line with NT, WA, and Qld (the Sunshine and the Smart State).

May aswell let her go on her mission to ruin Queensland and Australia bit by bit mate, it would be out of character for her to actually listen to whoever voted her in!

All we can hope for is she gets enough rope on an issue to hang herself and her party before we all stuffed.

I love daylight savings. Gives you time to do things outside when you get home from work. Qld, WA and the NT are behind the times.

We get more daylight hours than Adelaide up here anyway mate, still heaps of time to do stuff when you get home. The sun isnt down until about 7.30pm in summer on the Gold Coast, I dont see how another hour is going to benefit anyone.

I totally agree we don't need daylight savings at all. It is hard enough in summer to get to sleep and get children to sleep. Let alone expecting them to go to bed when it is still light outside. NO to daylight savings. We have enough daylight summer especially to do all that needs to be done.

For purely selfish reasons I vote yes, I have two strange kids who rise with the sun regardless of what time it is, but who are perfectly capable of going to sleep when the sun is still up in the evening, I hate 4.30am starts! :lol:

Well.....if the idea was to side-track the state from what the issues really are, I'd say it's been a monumental success!
A quick look on the Courier Mail website shows 544 comments....and counting....what a melt-down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back