Show me the elderly.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our guy is about 8/9 yrs old and 12 foot long (carpet Python) hes cute Id love to see the old ugly one bet hes not ugly at all lol

My oldest snake is a Children's Python (sold to me as a pure Mac, clearly not a pure Mac, but back when buying my first snake I had no clue). I bought him as a hatchling, he came out of his egg in 1995. Ugly old boy, but I can't bring myself to part with him for sentimental reasons.

he's part of the family,how could you get rid of him

Loving this thread and always thought reptiles got ugly as they got older but all the oldies posted so far are still stunners. And have never seen a bluey that size. So epic. Would love to see you guys handling old reptiles (like the bluey pic) so we can see them in comparison to your body! :)

don't have any really old reptiles, but this is one of my green tree frogs he is 14 almost 15

Attachments

• IMG_0551.jpg
    IMG_0551.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0552.jpg
    IMG_0552.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 85
This girl was my second snake and she hatched in '99
First pic is of her in 08 and the next one is her in shed recently on 450x450 tiles she roughly 10 foot or slightly more even thou it does not look like she's 3 meters long in the pics lol.

Attachments

• DSC01772.jpg
    DSC01772.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 116
  • P1040786.jpg
    P1040786.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 142
She's a pleasure to keep and has never bitten, but did actually give me a head bump that day we had her out in shed.I put her back in her cage and then after she had settled in for about an hour or so, I had too fuss with her heat matt and she seemed opposed to it lol 'with the head bump' - mouth closed lol, funniest thing she's done in a long time ...... she has no malice in her at all.

there's a pic of one in the book "the complete carpet python" a huge coastal. Amazing size!

I have few oldies an olive that was wild caught as a 10 footer in 92, a collett's that was bred in 1992, a blue tongue that was born in 1992, two inland tai's I got in 96 as adults.

The key is keep them a bit on the lean side... Not ridiculously overweight like 90% of captive herps are.

Cheers
scott

10 foot in 92 and still going. That's awesome. How big is he/she now?

well i dont have any old reptiles but i got a green tree frog thats over 18 years old

This male sandfire woma is 14yo and just under 6ft

c1043278.jpg

Here he is, Antaresia mongrel from 1995, pictures taken today. He'd just about pass for a pure Spotted Python now, you'd assume he was just dull because he was so old. When younger it was more obvious.

He is roughly 165cm long and on the lean side. I could bulk him up, but there doesn't seem much reason to.

SteveuglymongrelApril2012.jpg

SteveboringdullmongrelAPril2012.jpg

Steveanotherheadshot.jpg

SteveheadfromaboveApril2012.jpg

SteveHeadApril2012.jpg

Great shots guys. Thanks for sharing. They all look great. Bring on the frog pics as well. That last one put up looked amazing. He even looked old and wise.
Any reptile/amphibian in captivity who is reaching these sorts of ages deserves respect/commendation. As do the owners who looked after them so well to get them there.

Keep the pics and stories coming.

Here he is, Antaresia mongrel from 1995, pictures taken today. He'd just about pass for a pure Spotted Python now, you'd assume he was just dull because he was so old. When younger it was more obvious.

He is roughly 165cm long and on the lean side. I could bulk him up, but there doesn't seem much reason to.

I like him.

Bump by the way - there must be more great shots of the oldies out there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back