Show us ya Adders.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread got me off my bum and on to the camera :) Pictures of some I kept from last season :)

DeathAdderholdbackpuddingmuncher-Copy.jpg

I chose this boy because of my initial holdbacks he was the palest. I'm planning to breed him with my pale girl this coming season (I think Baz/Sssssssssssnakeman posted a picture of her a few months ago).

Paleboycustardtart.jpg

I chose this girl because she was such a rich red. She wasn't a particularly dark baby, but she turned out the darkest of everything I held back. It's very difficult to catch the colours with a camera, but when you put her side by side with the others she looks very different. In comparison, the boy above looks pale yellow (more than you can tell from pictures!).

RedScribbles.jpg

I didn't manage to get a picture of the most orange of my holdbacks... hopefully I'll get the camera going again soon. That one looks completely different again from the two above, sort of like this one (which is a close up of the one eating earlier in this thread, which is the mother)

Prettyscales.jpg

Oh, and check this one out! I could hardly believe it when I saw it! This girl was in a litter from albino x albino and all the others were much lighter, as you'd expect. This one almost looked as dark as a regular baby! Well, when I actually put it next to hets you could she was heaps lighter :lol: I had to check the eyes to make sure she was actually albino. I'm really interested to see how she turns out, so I'll probably keep this one. She has had her first slough now and looks much much lighter. The darkest baby I'd produced before this season turned out the lightest of everything I've kept so far, so I'm curious to see if this baby grows into a similar cream-coloured adult or does something different. Still very early days and lots to learn with these things!

Verydarkalbino.jpg

Last edited:
That second on in the last post is fantastic Sdaji, a very very pretty albino.

Awesome pictures, everyone! :D You can never get sick of looking at Death Adders! :D I really must get around to taking some more pictures of mine, I've been so slack with the camera over the last year or two.

They all have pink eyes, but the albinoes vary so much! These are from this year, feeding well now. I'm thrilled with what has come out this season!

BabyalbinoAddersvarietypack.jpg

:)

Some fantastic variations in color there Sdaji, really wish I could have some....Cheers

G/B...

heres a few wellsi i bred this season cheers

Attachments

• wellsi babies 2011 002.jpg
    wellsi babies 2011 002.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 72
  • wellsi babies 2011 016.jpg
    wellsi babies 2011 016.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 84
  • wellsi babies 2011 005.jpg
    wellsi babies 2011 005.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 71
  • wellsi babies 2011 022.jpg
    wellsi babies 2011 022.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 78
  • wellsi babies 2011 027.jpg
    wellsi babies 2011 027.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 76
  • wellsi babies 2011 030.jpg
    wellsi babies 2011 030.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 71
  • wellsi babies 2011 004.jpg
    wellsi babies 2011 004.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 66
16, 22 and 27 have me seriously drooling!

Well done, Gozz!

Why is it that they always sit with their necks "S"ed. Is it because they naturally hide that way ready to strike?

Definitely one of my favorite snakes of all time

Some purrhus pups........

Attachments

• pyrrhus 001.jpg
    pyrrhus 001.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 65
  • pyrrhus 005.jpg
    pyrrhus 005.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 68
  • pyrrhus 007.jpg
    pyrrhus 007.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 64
  • pyrrhus 008.jpg
    pyrrhus 008.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 66
  • pyrrhus 011.jpg
    pyrrhus 011.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 64
  • pyrrhus 009.jpg
    pyrrhus 009.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 66
  • pyrrhus 014.jpg
    pyrrhus 014.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 60
theyre all soo good looking!

sooo, whose working on the 'vemon free morph', jks,...!! :p

Now a few of the Albinos first 2 are female and last 2 males.............

Attachments

• albino adders 002.jpg
    albino adders 002.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 69
  • albino adders 004.jpg
    albino adders 004.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 78
  • albino adders 006.jpg
    albino adders 006.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 52
  • albino adders 008.jpg
    albino adders 008.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 64
nice pics gozz i no nothing about adders but is that second female gravid? she looks huge

some nice like critters everyone.....they remind me of big fat slugs! =)

Woody wrong time of the year to be gravid ,she is just saying ''please leave me alone '' they tend to flattern out to make em look bigger......

Possibly a silly question, Gozz but do you "free handle" your adders or do you use hooks?

I was wondering if the different species of Australian death adders have different levels of toxicity or are they all the same?

They do vary in toxicity. Some are more potent and the composition varies too. Effectively though they're all reasonably similar and all will **** you up!

this one is a burn!
I had to use the iron and a ruler to get the line that strait

IMG_1058.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back