Show us you "Blonde" Spotted's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coastalboy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I will be getting some "blonde" spotted hatchies soon and just want to see what some nice quality adults look like. I can upload the pics of my hatchies im getting if yous are keen to see. Im sure they will turn out to be really really nice snakes. "nerly Patternless"

Cheers
Nick.

I don't have a blonde mac myself, but I think they're gorgeous snakes. Would love to see the ones you're getting!

I will upload a picture once i get home. I currently own coastals but decided to get something differant. :) and there guys are awesome.. Nearly patternless! only a few dark brown spots on them. i think its what some call the "reduced pattern Blonde"? They are also SOOOOO TINY!!! omg they are small :)

This is scarlette. She is 15 months old.

py4ugy7y.jpg

The breeder i got my spotty from has some awesome looking hatchies at the moment, they are really light in colour and have the nice line, not as long as a blonde though. The problem she has is she knows they aren't blondes and sells them as normal. But has regular phone calls from pet stores saying that they love her blonde macs when they in fact, aren't blonde macs. People with a lot of experience can tell this and it gives the breeder a poor name. Its sorter unstoppable but it would be very annoying to a breeder i would imagine.

Just thought id put it out there haha. Would love to see photos of your blondes though :)

Thanks Armo6, Thats a nice piece of information :) appreciate it. I love learing all the time about snakes and reptiles in general. My hatchies came from a Blonde X Normal. It would still be a blonde right? or...? some of the hatchies came out normal looking and the rest like Blondes. Will crossing them produce Mules? or Duds?

Wow that is very reduced in pattern! Who bred these guys? Crossing blondes to average spotteds will cause no such defects as they are both the exact same snake, just different colours and pattern forms. You can get both blondes and normal spotteds within the same clutch.

A guy locally where i live bred these guys, i will get some better pics for you guys. Im hoping this will be the start of my new project :) we will see a a few years time what comes of it.

Hey Coastalboy,

Very Nice reduced pattern Mac you have on the way.
Do you know if the breeder has any more available?

with my understanding this is the only Mac that looked like this. the rest were nomal looking ones and some blonde's. I was just seeing if any one else out there had "Reduced Pattern Macs"? I will post some more pics of the others he has. BUT i dont want to give out any info as i dont want to be banned for "selling" and not being a subscriber.

no worries, I am not looking for any standard Blondes, I was only interested in reduced pattern like the one you posted.
You were very lucky to snap that beauty up!

Im going over his house this weekend mate. if i see anything ill let you know :)

Oh wow, that is a cracker of a mac, coastalboy! I can't wait to see it all grown up, and see what kind of bubs it throws. Such a sweetie :D Love baby snakes, especially when they're this tiny. Keep us updated as the little critters grow?

x

Yeah dude from what my breeder said its a genetic 'defect' that occurs. Breeding 2 blondes will have a way higher chance of clutching blondes but blondes cross normal still will throw. Its pretty easy to tell if they are blonde or not, but If someone who didn't know walked into a bet shop and bought a normal spotty labeled as a blonde I doubt they would be to pleased about paying the extra coin once someone points it out haha.

That is an awesome hatchie man!!! Very nice. Never seen one like that. Or really even heard much on reduce pattern macs!! Lucky score :)

Thanks guys, He has a few still available!!!! so once he gets them all vet checked and cleared with the OK. "he vet checks all snakes before they leave his place". i will let the ones that inboxed me know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back