Snake gone!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eden roscoe

Reaction score
hey today i went out to my avairy outside to check on my pair of diamond pythons who over the last few weeks have been breeding. inside the cage i could only find the male and a bit of wood at the bottom on the cage which blocked the gap between the roof and the wall. i am devastated and i dont know where to look or what to do. there are trees leading up from the cage and a caravan park behind my house. i put talkom powder all over the cage so if she gos in or ontop of it i will no. I have also taken the male out and fixed the door open. is there anything else i can do besides looking for her which i have been doing for the last 2 hours, please help desperately needed.

First step would be to alert all your neighbours & the caravan park owner, stress to them that it's harmless & won't hurt them. Goodluck

get a couple of live rats in a cage and put them in or near your enclosure. if she's still around and hungry she will be atracted back trying to hook into the rats. but you have to have eyes on it all the time to catch her. i caught a carpet like that and a brown tree snake by accident.

other than that its all luck.

thanks for the addvice i breed rats and mice so ill get a few and put them in the cage and hope im so shocked

You was only talking about the pair a few days ago,i hope you have some luck in finding it,just let your neighbours and ppl that live near you,hopefully some1 will see it,best of luck,leave some rats or mice in different locations in bird cages if you have any,one of my snakes escaped 6months ago,i had 3 locations around the house with a rat in it,i checked every hour or so after dark,it was about 9pm there it was around one of the cages...good luck...

if its a gravid female she may have found somewhere with more moisture to lay her eggs

had she shed lately?? and i would also watch the size of the food your trying to lure her with as you could infact do more harm than good if it was a large food item and she is gravid.

best of luck to ya if you think she may have been gravid you might want to try some spagnum moss in there to boost up the humidity but its a long shot

Eden where abouts are you (pm me if you like ) , i am in your area and often get told of snakes around the place , so will keep an ear out for a loose diamond .

thanx, i recon thats where she's hanging if not wharton's creek. i told the caravan park owner so if they get any reports ill know.

omg this sucks so bad aye

good luck i hope u find her

just wondering if you found your diamond... i guess you would have said so ... i hope she is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back