Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pythonkisses

Reaction score
* There are 140 species of snakes in Australia

* Green tree snakes come in a variety of colours from black ,brown to yellow and even a pale blue

* The fierce snake is the most venomous snake in the world - fortunately it is not aggressive.

* The largest Australian python is the Scrub python growing up to 8 metres.

* live bearing snakes are viviparous.

*An Anaconda in captivity did not eat for over 2 years.

* Snakes are not slimy

* 34 deaths have occurred in Australia from snake bites between 1980-2000

* There are over 50 different kinds of rattlesnakes

*The smallest snake in Australia is the flower pot snake at only 12cm.
All of these are out of a book Australian snakes

More to add soon
If you guys have more please add to this one
See how many we can get
Bit of fun.

I can see fights starting here! I'm sure some will disagree with some of that :) I know I do :)

I disagree with the fierce snake thing, down @ venom supplies I saw some absolutely mental ones. Also a mate has a pair that are bloody mental!

Baritji they could just be exception.....they do have a reputation as being a relativly placid snake. At taronga they had 1 that was as clam as anything. The keeper said that that is not un common.

Regards Ether

Im not saying its not an exception, but whichever site PK got that fact from is giving the wrong impression, it is implying that all are placid. Which they are not!

ahhhh ok i see wher you are coming from.

Thanks pythonkisses for at least taking the time to add some interesting information ! Although some may be inacurate.

What website did you get it off ?

Also, the scrubbie is the longest australian snake, not the largest.

Hello All,

I got it for funtrivia.com i think it was sorry guys here i was thinking all trivia was right am sending off an email thats not right trivia should be real life facts sorry again guys.

Trust me to slip up yet again

WE ARE A BIT ON EDGE TONIGHT BARITJI .............. But any way I know a rattle snake grows a extra rattle every year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

yes one of my feirce snakes is as mental as, the other is a big baby :) harmless as a flower pot snake!!! lol

But any way I know a rattle snake grows a extra rattle every year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Actually Eddy, I'm pretty sure a new one forms every time they shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back