Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeZaKa, you are most welcome. A little understanding of the whys and wherefores of such matters bolsters one’s confidence in one’s husbandry, with a concomitant drop in stress levels. It should be about enjoying your animals rather than worrying about them.

Blue

I bet a lot of elapid keepers have the opposite problem, they don't stop crapping.

I can't believe that another poo thread has gone to two pages, given the HUGE amount of info on this subject here already.

Jamie

I can't believe that another poo thread has gone to two pages, given the HUGE amount of info on this subject here already.

Jamie
A sadistic part of me now wants to see it go to three pages:twisted:. Personally the thought of typing "POO" in to the search string never crossed my mind:rolleyes:

A sadistic part of me now wants to see it go to three pages:twisted:. Personally the thought of typing "POO" in to the search string never crossed my mind:rolleyes:

Lets see this baby make the 3.

Tell me about it! Had my coastal out the other night and he crapped all over my arm & doona cover :x

If it's been a while I wouldn't worry but you can always take him outside and let him slither around on the grass, often my guys will go when they're out and about as opposed to just curled up in their tanks, I think them moving around can help bring on bowel movements :)
That is literally the exact same thing that happened to me last week !!! But with a Bredli ):

Urates are the nitrogenous wastes that are produced when excess proteins are broken down and used for energy.

What is exactly meant by excess proteins? Is that when a prey item larger than what is required is eaten and there is more protein than the snake requires for growth?

Thanks Blue for your very informative reply!

As for my snakes, I have 2 jungles the exact same size and age and fed the exact same size and type food item. My girl poops pretty much every 10 days, my boy takes upwards of 5-6 weeks between poops.
His poops tend to be massive, but other than size difference their poops look and smell the exact same. Also their poops are always very wet. I can tell they've pooped just by looking at the newspaper in their cages, 'cause it's always completely soaked after they've let loose!

I can usually tell when my boy's getting close to pooping as his tail tends to get rather thick just above his cloaca. That's usually when I'll take him outside to really get moving and hope that he does his business on the grass rather than inside.
Just the other day he started to let loose inside, so I raced him to the fish tank and let him do his business in there! If the fish, crustaceans and filter in that tank can handle massive turtle poops I'm pretty sure it can handle yearling snake poops!!
Also, I handle both my snakes fairly often, but that doesn't seem to have an effect on time between poops for my snakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back