Something abit different

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

indicus

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
For those of you who like skinks; these would have to be one of the craziest critters....these guy's are like few other skinks; they love it soaking wet and cool(a must). Most active early morning; just on and just after dark. Moist rotton logs, moss and fungi are all part of their world. I liken them to little pigs as far as behaviour goes; meaning their always covered in crap, and have a healthy appetite.....your forever mist spraying them and catching all sorts of bugs and grubs. Their quite comical little buggers, watching you through their enclosure; waiting for the next feed.They breed really well, if their enviroments right...live bearing; on average 2-3 young, however they have been known to have more.... :wink:

Dude, its awesome and the enclosure looks sweet as well. Is it Gnypetoscincus queenslandiae? Didn't know these guys existed in captivity.

Yes it is mate....yes there are several keepers that have them and breed them.....if you enjoy skinks, their alot of fun.
As for the setup; if i destroy any more of the parents garden for moss, i'm in for it.

Yes it is mate....yes there are several keepers that have them and breed them.....if you enjoy skinks, their alot of fun.
As for the setup; if i destroy any more of the parents garden for moss, i'm in for it.
I love skinks and I love herps that don't need heat, looks like the perfect pet for me :wink:

FAKE MOSS!!! I KNEW IT!!! sorry I posted about it in aa ofst a few days ago... just how to link it.... its in General Herps...

Thanks SL; i'll cheak it out....
Yes Matt....if they dry out, it can kill them...in summer i mist spray a few times a day.

Cool critters, they were one of the first lizards i wanted when i was little :)
what sort of money do they go for?
are there any visible in the second shot or is that just showing the setup?

I traded for them Chris....so not sure of prices.
Just the setup shot....i think you had good taste when you were little :)

Not at this stage Matt, however I'm sure i'll have to part with some sooner or later; they breed like flies.....

Great pic!!! looks very comfortable.......
and cute! :mrgreen:
i would like a baby.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back