"Spectacularly marked" tiger snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much Daz for sharing that info, it's VERY interesting to hear first hand. I really appreciate it, and I'm sure that everyone else does too.

I often read about people who have been tagged, or hear about it in the news, but what I've never heard first hand is what the experience was like personally. There are many interesting papers on venom induced consumption coagulopathy, neurotoxic effects, etc from the 'Snakebite project' reports, but it's fascinating to hear the story first hand from the recipient and their experience rather than just from the doctor, toxicologist, reporter, or scientist.

Once again, thanks for sharing! Much appreciated. I think it's valuable information for us all.

Geoff.

where you using a phone to take pic? be great to see the pictures of the tiger when you take some more im a big tiger fan

Sad :-(

:cry: :cry:Unfortunately the snake did not survive his injuries or the surgery ....However, some pics of him to show off his markings.

Daz

PS. (apologies for the quality but hope you can appreciate them anyway)

Attachments

• P1010183.jpg
    P1010183.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 136
  • P1010180.jpg
    P1010180.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 128
:cry: :cry:Unfortunately the snake did not survive his injuries or the surgery ....However, some pics of him to show off his markings.

Daz

PS. (apologies for the quality but hope you can appreciate them anyway)

dammit that is an amazingly unique tiger snake ,and it gets clubbed with a shovel!!!!!!, people need to be charged for this cruelty even in tasmania they are protected species

a. At the initial bite, I had a stinging sensation throughout my whole finger. That is what alerted me to the fact that I had in fact been "done" and was not a warning strike which most tigers give.

I think thats a common misconception with tigers. When they feel like biting you they dont go into strike mode, they just casually lean across and bite you.

Gutted that tiger didnt make it. Stoked that you are ok though. Thanks for the break down of how it played out.
It makes me wonder if you would have been bitten had it not been injured?

Did he make a noise before he got you? Apparently they make some weird noise right before biting you..
You're heaps lucky..ive heard tiger bites can be really nasty
Shame he didnt make it..

I think thats a common misconception with tigers. When they feel like biting you they dont go into strike mode, they just casually lean across and bite you.

That is what amazes me about the people who go mutton birding....They are under the impression that snakes have to have room to strike....not just open their mouth and can still give a bite.

I have watched my tigers strike their food and also just gently open their mouth and bite down.

Daz

Gutted that tiger didnt make it. Stoked that you are ok though. Thanks for the break down of how it played out.
It makes me wonder if you would have been bitten had it not been injured?

personally I don't think I would have.....the fact their was traces of fresh blood and other fluids was definately a major contributing factor......probably wouldn't have been so "peed off" either.

Daz

Did he make a noise before he got you? Apparently they make some weird noise right before biting you..
You're heaps lucky..ive heard tiger bites can be really nasty
Shame he didnt make it..

Hi Sel,
No noise what so ever.....but as listed in the "accounts' post of the envenomation, the snake slipped in my head grip.....However, YES, I have heard them "bark" as a warning as well as an audible "hiss/sigh" sound.

Daz

Hi Sel,
No noise what so ever.....but as listed in the "accounts' post of the envenomation, the snake slipped in my head grip.....However, YES, I have heard them "bark" as a warning as well as an audible "hiss/sigh" sound.

Daz

Ahh yes, well that makes sense

and Thanks Robbie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back