spotted wont eat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

champsey1

Reaction score
hi all, i have a 2 month old blond spotted hase not eaten since 28th of dec, tryed so many things out of ideas, any HELP would be great. its in avg size clic clack, temp is 30 at hot end, with hide and water bowl, trying to get pix but carn't find camera. but its normal set up....

Last edited:
We need more information than that. Pictures of its enclosure, it's temperatures, etc., etc. will be a good start.

get some raw chicken; peel back the skin and rub the pinkie on the chicken juice, then offer it to the snake.

id bump the heat up a couple degrees at the hot end for a little while and then give the feeding another go..

what is assist feeding?
is that the same as force feeding?

Assist feeding is when you hold the snakes head and gently coax the mouse in its mouth. We have a Brown Tree snake that will not take food for herself. So I have to assist feed her every time. Once I have the mouse in her mouth, her pupils dialate and goes into feed mode. Then I let her and the mouse go. Then when she is down to the back legs, I put the next mouse's nose on the firsrt mouse's bum and run a train of about 4-5 mice.

My snake hasn't eaten in a while either. She only eats day old chickens. Maybe try day old chickens?

Bump the temps up to 32 - 33.

Describe your exact method of feeding.

Do you handle the snake at all? Was it feeding before you go it? When are you trying to feed? They're very much a nocturnal animal so night time will get a much better feeding response.

Try poking a hole in the head of a pinky mouse and offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back