Start Shaking and Checking

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't know how anyone can hate these, i love these guys, as you can see 1 of mine in my pic, awesome critters, @ richoman i'm with you there mate i would love to find these in my house, i need more funnel webs.

When you have kids crawling around the place in danger of picking one up its quite easy to hate them.

Admiring a deadly animal is one thing, sharing your living space with them is another.
Id keep one as a pet but no way would I want one on the loose in my house, anyone who does is nuts imo

Clarification time: I don't hate them, I do think they're fascinating creatures. I like spiders and did a study on webs for my installation art piece in high school, just so long as they don't touch me or come near me. Like I said, behind a computer screen.
I'm not entirely convinced a few large ones I've caught in jars to release outside haven't been capable of drilling through glass either...

My mates 2 Pets the one next to the 50cent coin is a Tree Funnel Web the other is a normal one from Springbrook where i live

Attachments

• DSC_1059.jpg
    DSC_1059.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 32
  • _DSC3536.jpg
    _DSC3536.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 31
Had one bail up our 1st rottie - a big male rottie at that. He knew a threat when he saw it! What he didn't know is that they are really not dangerous to dogs, just monkeys like us :)

Had one bail up our 1st rottie - a big male rottie at that. He knew a threat when he saw it! What he didn't know is that they are really not dangerous to dogs, just monkeys like us :)
it's funny that, i was reading the other week that funnel webs have no effect on dogs but a Tarantula can kill a dig in under 20 mins, same as a redback, i use to make sure my door was always shut incase my dog got inside the house and found my funnel webs little did i know my Tarantulas witch were on the floor (yes in tanks) would kill them and the funnel webs wouldn't.

When you have kids crawling around the place in danger of picking one up its quite easy to hate them.

Admiring a deadly animal is one thing, sharing your living space with them is another.
Id keep one as a pet but no way would I want one on the loose in my house, anyone who does is nuts imo
what i meant was id love them in my house so i could keep them as pets (in a tank of corse), that is a good point about kids picking them up, mine are always on my shelves so when the neighbors kids come around from time to time if there happen to go in my room there way out of reach and out of sight tho it's a pitty that shelf is above my head were i sleep and spend more then half the day on lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back