Stone Pots...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slim6y

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
When you've tried every other avenue - you try the snake site - these people know EVERYTHING!

So here's the test:

I've been frequenting a Korean restaurant up here in Cairns. They serve the food in large (round) stone pots. It comes out sizzling (as their pots are heated during before being used to serve) and the rice crisps up on the bottom and it's so damned yummy.

There's a small language barrier between myself and the restraunteurs... So I am unab;e to find where they get their stone pots from for cooking. I have got as far as they come from Sydney.

Does anyone a) know what i am talking about and b) know where I can get them from and roughly what price they are?

Thanks kindly for your help (or even reading over this).

Cheers

im sure have seen them in China town, Sorry not sure how much? maybe 2 dorrar :):)

Clay pots?...or stone? Same thing really isn't it?? :D

claypot.jpg

http://www.supatra.com/pages/thaiequipmentguide.html

Try Ebay ;) :D

Apparently the pot is not a Dolsot. A Dolsot is a Korean Rice Based Meal. Cheers Cheryl PS on further research I agree the stone pot IS called a Dolsot as well.

Last edited:
Ok.. so anyone in China town?

Magpie do you know of any up this way?

Can someone give me an addy or email or something so i can purchase the above said dolsot?

Thanks for the info there tho... It's all helpful.

Cheers

Next time im in China town (sydney) ill have a look for ya and see how much they are. Check your local asian supermarket (assuming there is one in cairns) they may stock them. If they dont I can always send one up for ya :) depends how hungry you are I guess :)

Next time im in China town (sydney) ill have a look for ya and see how much they are. Check your local asian supermarket (assuming there is one in cairns) they may stock them. If they dont I can always send one up for ya :) depends how hungry you are I guess :)

There's one at Stockland Earlville if you didn't know slim ;)

i walked past that today mags lol :D:D

HAHAH @ stone pots and the crazy korean people... slight language barrier AHAHAHAHA

There's one at Stockland Earlville if you didn't know slim ;)

I will check that out - if Stary doesn't do it for me :)

Thanks BB - I will keep you posted if I need you :)

I will stop in and have a look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back