Substrate help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazordous-Herps

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have been through some substrate and bedding threads, and all I could find were bedding that kept moisture and humidity levels. I want to know what are some substrates that do not keep the humidity very well, say if you wanted to keep something that doesn't tolerate humidity very well. Like a Shingleback what bedding would you use then?

I just made a thread asking the opposite question. I've found that kitty litters are great at sucking the humidity out of the air. In my case this is exactly what I'm trying to avoid but maybe they'd work for you. Oz pet is compressed wood pellets so it is the most "natural" looking one you will probably find

Oz pet will take all the humidity out of the enclosure if thats what you want, which is good if thats what you want however its not ideal if your keeping snakes

Oz pet will take all the humidity out of the enclosure if thats what you want, which is good if thats what you want however its not ideal if your keeping snakes
I know plenty of people that use this form of substrate including me... Tho around shed time I do a couple misty sprays morn and evening... Never had and shed probs as yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back