Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thousand more pics mate, Ill keep posting ever next couple of days for ya.

i got to hold heaps of thorny devils at alice springs reptile center. how do they get so many ants? and can u get them as pets in nsw

They put a lava rock with heaps of holes in it out side covered in honey.

The capalano squeeze bottle. hehe.

Then they just take the rocks inside, and put them in the enclosures.

gillsy, its actually termite rock they use 2 collect the ants at asdp, nice pics pugsly, wish we had something like that up here

Read Reptiles Australia with the Thorny Devil article, it will tell you how they are looked after. Wildlife world collects and breed their own ants. The specimen at Wildlife world was captive bred at the Alice Springs Desert Park.

i went down to check it out on opening day.

i also got the cheap student ticket to both the zoo and the aquarium. so it was worth it.

the enclosures are definately the highlight of the place, theyre just stunning. as well as the larger of the perenties which is just an amazing animal. none of the other herps blew me away.

Wow, those enclosures are fantastic. I can't wait to go, but am waiting for the buzz to die down a bit so i'm not caught in a crowd. What were the crowds like?

Yeah I do Rex, they were very ordinary, well, compared to yours anyway! Had to be athertons, they were pretty big.

Here are a few more pics for yas

Steve

Last edited:
There wasn't many there, easy to view everything anyway.

Last edited:
Jamie, are you actually allowed to own Moloch's over here?

They are such a rare and distinct creature...And Pugs- mate you take some awesome pictures- I'm blown away!

Awesome!

Holy Moly!! they have got to be some of the nicest looking displays in the country. It would be interesting to see who did the contract work for designing/ setting up those enclosures.

Any more pics pugs? Thanks for posting them by the way :)

The company that did the enclosures was Universal rocks. They are better known for doing garden features than anything else but they have been trying to crack into the herp and aquarium world for a few years with Universal habbitats. they do good stuff and it does look good but even though i sell there stuff at the same price as they do from the factory it is still Xy.

I also went to the display and It is really good with the only problem being that its takes a while for the animals to get used to all the people. When they do they will be as bold as brass and display a lot better. Give it time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back