Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pugsly

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey again peoples! Well today I headed over on the ferry and visited the Zoo I hadnt been there in about 10 years and was fantastic to see all the new changes. The enclosures are superb, probably too good as it made it hard to see lots of the animals.. That and it was about 35 degrees at one stage and they were all sleeping..

But, the reptiles were amazing, apart from the reptile show which included a blue tongue and a diamond python... disappointing! But here are the pics, sorry dialup. I recommend those who havent been there recently to check it out, i was very impressed.

c28c380fcf4eace9b8e616f7701dc4f9.jpg

82ba67e4fd02add516a712620619b4db.jpg

43ca05ad8b5e25cb5e57bb51f1f28453.jpg

This one for you pete! Was hard to get good photos as all i got was a photo of the flash most pics..

2a8e25825b63c207fd699199911497df.jpg

that charmelion thing is awsome but i like snakes more got anymore pics of snakes ? (plz)

The last is not a herp you know :roll:

The gecko looks excellent and the teeth on the other are nasty looking, the chameleon was sprung :shock:

LOL saying look at this loser.. hehe

Cant add more photos as I can only upload 10 at a time to fotothing.. Ill see if anywhere else will host them as when i put them in my gallery here i cant get them out onto threads!

Tomorrow ill add some more.

Hard to get good pics though.. Blackheaded there was awesome, and the rhinosaurus Dragon thingy! lol.

But i was really impressed with the enclosures. There were also about 5000000 spinnefex hopping mice in a few different enclosures, had babies in there and everything, i know where there snake food is coming from!

Green Tree was up the back so no good pics of it... Close as we will get to having one too damn it!

the rest of pugsly's pics!

bredli
bredli2.JPG

broady
broadheaded.JPG

giant cave gecko
cavegeck.JPG

fijian crested
fijiiguana.JPG

gtf
frog1.JPG

green iggys
iguananew2.JPG

iguananew.JPG

komodo
komodo1.JPG

lacey
lacie.JPG

legless lizard... not sure of the exact common name... starts with s but i cant recall it
legless.JPG

baselisk
lizard.JPG

chameleon dragon
noidea.JPG

rhino iggy
rhinoig.JPG

view from the bird show
sky.jpg

Thanks mate, now every single dialup user hates me lol.

Hope the Broadband users enjoy!

And Im glad you know all your herps I could only remember half of them lol.

there great love the chameleon dragon, basalisk gecko and the fijian crested !

Yeah they are awesome!

Wsa looking for them in Fiji but no luck other than the zoo.. lol

I haven't been to the Zoo since I was 13... 10 years ago!

Those pics have me definitely organising the trip very soon.

Thanks for the great pics.
I too have gained inspiration to visit a zoo.
Taronga looks pretty good - Can anyone recommend a better zoo?

basketcase said:
legless lizard... not sure of the exact common name... starts with s but i cant recall it

These days when I visit the zoo or similar attractions I also take photos of the information plates. It makes it much easier to remember the details.

I love the shot of the Giant Cave Gecko.

Got my "Zoonooz" the other day and it featured the new retics and green anacondas they have just acquired. Dont think they are on display yet though???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back