Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Womas are a very placid snake, alot of the gtps i've seen have been as quite as a mouse.
There are always exceptions though as with any species.

id have to say a pair of woma so then i could breed them sell the babies and buy a GTP as they one of the main reasons i love snakes so much.

GTPs are by far the best looking snake iv ever seen and i would give my left ovari for one.

its an opinion fellas.....are you saying i`m wrong because i dont like gtps??????

they are bland green pythons...nothing stunning about that in my eyes, i`d put the $5000 and buy me 50 coastals THANK YOU VERY MUCH :p :p :p

I'd go with the Woma's. Purely because the GTP's would be harder to keep, and I don't have the experience yet.
Meh, if I got the woma's I'd just breed 'em and use the profits to buy a GTP if I wanted to.
I gotta say though, GTP's are mighty impressive animals. They're what I'm aiming for down the road. :D

I cant speak from experience regarding GTP's but I will be breeding west australian form of womas next year. I was wondering the market value of these animals as I am recieving a few offers locally for around $2500.

because I'm boring I'd probably invest the $5000 untill it has earnt enought intetest and then buy a pair of GTP!

West Aussie, are those south western woma's? I thought they were nearly extinct? If they are, I'd say they are worth a fair bit more than $2500 on the open market.

It's funny SA womas sell for alot cheaper than NTs, mainly because they don't have as good coloring, i also assumed that they would be expensive but the only person i know who breeds them sells hatchlings for $1400-$1500ea.

I wanted to bump this up regarding womas price and availability back when this thread was started.

It's interesting reading what our hobby was like nearly 3 years ago!

I cant see how you would say GTPS are over rated

GTP :roll: womas :roll: ho hum..... give me a pair of rough scaled pythons or a pair of albino olive pythons first thanks :D

and investment value has nothing to do with it although my choices are ok I guess :roll:
I'd just like to have some rsp's and albino olives :D

well, if i had 5k SPARE, (lol as if) i would have to get the GTP, i think they are soooooo
beautiful, and to watch them change colour so dramaticly from hatchy to adult, is as close as i'll ever get to actually having my own chameleon lol. in fact i don't actually find the womas that good looking, same with the bhp, they seem to have no neck, lol, don't know if that makes any sence, but there it is, just MOP, as always.
mwah.
sil

I wanna know who Greebo's source was, and if he has any Gtp's for sale...................

Well i had to make this decision this year, and decided to go with a couple of pairs of womas, I think the initial question is a bit daft - as for $5K you are getting a non feeding unsexed nightmare for your money. to get a good quality feeding animal you are looking at $7K+ so with my $8000 - i bought 2 pairs of womas. when they are breeding i'll look at a couple of pairs of greens.

Hey Azztech, note the date of when this thread was posted.

Back when i was NoOne :lol:

il spend 5k on blue tongues, and grass skinks, i cant think of a better investment :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back