Thick Tail Gecko Enclosure Guide

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizzard

Reaction score
Im looking to set up a enclosure for a thick tail gecko i have plenty of room and i already got the wood to begin constructing the enclosure which is 600(w)x550(d)x300(h) but i dont know what to put in it .

Should i put plants?
Should i put logs to provide sheltered hides and climbing space (even though they are terrestrial )?
Should i provide a Water dish? and Food dish?

you are better off using a tank then a wooden enclosure as you need to mist it regulary, all you need is sand for substrate and a hide and some driftwood well not necessary but i like to give them something to climb around on. You dont need plants and a water dish is also not necessary thats why you should mist either every day or 2nd day, have you read any articles online on thicktails.

i actually havnt read much on them just trying t o find out as much as i can before i shoot into reading up on them heaps. im building a wood enclosure due to the fact my brother can get cheap malemine from his work so it works to my advantage as well , plus i always like to put my creative skills to the test :)

I have my thicktails in a 2 ft fish tank with two small cardboard boxes for hides and two rocks for them to climb on. Even though they are terrestrial they each take a perch on a rock and look out for crickets from up high.
I give them a misting before feeding them every time, and offer a shallow water dish should they require it.

They are super simple to care for. I don't even need to supply heat where I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back