Thick tailed Geckos - Keeping two males together?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackson_mcp

Reaction score
Hi all,

first post here, i just got 7 thick tailed geckos and i was wondering if i can keep more than one male in each tank. So far ive put 2 in one tank and 3 in the other and they seem to be fairly relaxed around each other. (1 came from one seller, and 6 came from another)

Does anyone know if they would start fighting or just hang out together? Im hoping to get the other two in tanks soon.

Thanks.

I wouldn't keep males together especially in the presence of females. Trios of 1m 2f can work but you have to watch out for dominance. It won't necessarily be fighting, can be just one causing the other to stop eating.

hmmmm....ok. I think ive figured out that 2 Females and 1 male are in the two tanks now. We were sure of the original girls sex and have tried to compare hemipeenes. But im not too sure about the other one. Will probably take them to reptile city tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice! I will keep an eye out for the female stopping another female eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back