Today's Visitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice snake. Do you get other snakes or herp's at your house...?

Around the house
Pic: 5 thats a five cent in the pic. Small little guy/girl.

Attachments

• Snakes (7).jpg
    Snakes (7).jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Snakes (78).jpg
    Snakes (78).jpg
    418.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Snakes (52).jpg
    Snakes (52).jpg
    397.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Snakes (54).jpg
    Snakes (54).jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Snakes (28).jpg
    Snakes (28).jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 33
Nice snake. Do you get other snakes or herp's at your house...?

Pic: 1 & 2 found this one in my bedroom.
Pic: 3 & 4 found this guy/girl down the back.
Pic: 5 down near the creek.
Had more visitors just never had the camera with me.

Attachments

• Picture 021.jpg
    Picture 021.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Picture 022.jpg
    Picture 022.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Snakes (2).jpg
    Snakes (2).jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Snakes (6).jpg
    Snakes (6).jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Snakes (25).jpg
    Snakes (25).jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 26
wow newbie nice little collection of reptiles you have encountered...good pics ...glad your a shooter with a camera and not a dweeb with a shovel...:)

Theres some great pictures,for those that dont see any striped snakes in the wild,3rd picture,its not a full stripe,i would be awesome to have so many different species visiting at different times like that...

I wish they'd come live in my garden. Wow, how awesome is that :D

How much wildlife do you have around your house? You don't need to go anywhere to see beautiful animals. You have them all. Lucky you, wish my yard was like that.

Do you feed any of them? And know you shouldn't, but I reckon I would not be able to help myself with the lacies and dragons.

And what a woose hold the bandy bandy by the head. :p They don't bite. Well, I have been told you have to really tease them to make them bite and that is a difficult task. I got to look after one when I worked at local wildlife park. Absolute gorgeous creature.

Last edited:
Gee kinda makes me nervous about going out to the toilet at night oh well looks like you will be doing to trips upto the house with me at night time then hehehe

I wish they'd come live in my garden. Wow, how awesome is that :D

How much wildlife do you have around your house? You don't need to go anywhere to see beautiful animals. You have them all. Lucky you, wish my yard was like that.

Do you feed any of them? And know you shouldn't, but I reckon I would not be able to help myself with the lacies and dragons.

And what a woose hold the bandy bandy by the head. :p They don't bite. Well, I have been told you have to really tease them to make them bite and that is a difficult task. I got to look after one when I worked at local wildlife park. Absolute gorgeous creature.

Not sure how much wildlife is around here but it is good to see it.
No i don't feed any of them if they are here already and are hanging around i guess they are happy and have enough food, if not i guess they would of moved on.
Not me holding the Bandy Bandy ( a work mate ) i prefer not to handle them to much (unless they are in the house and have to be removed or the kids want to hold the cute little ones like the baby/little Geckos etc....) i like getting the photos so over the years i can look back and see what visited ( and try to work out if it is the same animals coming back at different ages or different animals).

Man, I was reading a thread once of a member who went on some self organised herp trip but could not find any thing so posted pics of the animals around his house, and like your's I'm thinking, why leave home, why keep herps at all when alot of them are in your back yard:shock: (I know the answer but you know what I mean). Here in the 'burbs of SA we're lucky to get a few skinks (and blueys) geckos, and the odd brown (I have heard) sometimes comes to visit every few years. I also hear that the browns meet that shovel RBB talks of :cry::evil:

I told my inlaws a snake would cure their rodent problem. They still have the rodents:|

Man, I was reading a thread once of a member who went on some self organised herp trip but could not find any thing so posted pics of the animals around his house, and like your's I'm thinking, why leave home, why keep herps at all when alot of them are in your back yard:shock: (I know the answer but you know what I mean). Here in the 'burbs of SA we're lucky to get a few skinks (and blueys) geckos, and the odd brown (I have heard) sometimes comes to visit every few years. I also hear that the browns meet that shovel RBB talks of :cry::evil:

I told my inlaws a snake would cure their rodent problem. They still have the rodents:|
thats cause they dont have ENOUGH snakes lol ;););)

I have gone for walks/hikes (4-6hrs) to see herps and then i come home and within a few days to a week i step outside of my house and see a nice python etc..... Makes me wonder why i went walking in the first place (guess its good to get out ;)).
I think the key to a getting rid of a rodent problem is not just snakes but a variety of wild snakes and sizes, the pythons and bigger snakes take care of the adults and the smaller snakes take care of the baby's and young ones. Breaks the breeding cycle :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back