Translucent Nephrurus levis occidentalis - 11 months old now

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd add an update, I've just gotten eggs from his sister, and his mother is now gravid so crossing fingers I might see another little mutant in the incubator this season.

DSC_0090-2.jpg

DSC_0091-1.jpg

DSC_0097-2.jpg

DSC_0100-1.jpg

You gotta stop putting these pics up - just makes me want more and more......

LOL!!

Yes, you certainly are...but having said that I only have this little guy and his parents (his sister has a 50% chance of carrying it if its recessive, which I assume it is as this little guy was the product of a mother/son pairing) so I need to build up a bit of a colony first before I start shipping any out.

Going to pop him over some unrelated females too now that he has done the job with mum and sis so should have hets this year, again assuming its recessive, which seems most likely.

Blah blah blah ... All I heard was I'm on the list ;)

I'm hoping my lot are that straight forward only time will tell I guess

LOL!!

Yes, you certainly are...but having said that I only have this little guy and his parents (his sister has a 50% chance of carrying it if its recessive, which I assume it is as this little guy was the product of a mother/son pairing) so I need to build up a bit of a colony first before I start shipping any out.

Going to pop him over some unrelated females too now that he has done the job with mum and sis so should have hets this year, again assuming its recessive, which seems most likely.

If it is recessive, then the sister will be a 66.67% het. Looking good!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great looking animal! How robust/healthy has this one been in comparison to the the regular clutchmates?

When two hets are paired, statistically 25% are homozygous, 50% are heterozygous and the remaining 25% are normal. Therefore she has a 50% chance.

He had a hard time in the beginning actually, I thought I was going to lose him a few times as a hatchling. He got over the rough patch though and has been powering on ever since.

When two hets are paired, statistically 25% are homozygous, 50% are heterozygous and the remaining 25% are normal. Therefore she has a 50% chance.

As we can rule out her being homo recessive it changes the probability to 2/3rds or 66.67%.

nice work Saz, fantastic looking gecko!

Very nice Sarah. Would love to get some Nephs at some stage but i think for now i should stick to skinks before going gecko mad again lol

Amazing little gecko! Good to hear he has pulled through his rough patch.

Almost as good as an albino its so bright!

That is out of this world! Awesome looking little fellow, hope he does well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back