trouble with the mrs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nagz

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi guys,
haven't posted for a while, but here goes.
i have a question for those of us with better halves who, unlike us, don't enjoy the company of our scaley pets.
here it is, how do you go about keeping your collection and increasing it?
my mrs has tunnel vision when it comes to increasing my collection, and i was wondering if there was a ploy out there somewhere that could make her see otherwise?
any help would be greatly appreciated
cheers

Yep as spilota said a diamond for her and a diamond for you lol. I am really bad, I live by the theory that it's easier to gain forgivness than it is to gain permission. So I buy when I want something and deal with the consequences later.

Hehe my GF met me when I was already into herps, the first time I mentioned it she said I was creepy...LOL now she holds them, puts up with me crapping on about them all the time and doesn't mind if I get more because it doesn't impose on her, and I think maybe that's the key, if it doesn't impose on them why should they care.

Thats the best advice for anyone, just go ahead and get what you want, worry later. People or 'other-halves' always get over it after they have a really good old whinge, throw a tantrum.....In a week its old news and life is back to normal. I know, my partner does it to me every week, now there's something like 18 motorbikes crammed into a small shed. But i got my BHP, so im happy.

thanks for all the good ideas.
you're right about forgiveness being easir to get than permission. as soon as i start to ask, it's a quick NO. i guess i'll just have to put my muffs on and wait for the noise to go away and sleep on the couch for a while.
let's hope it all goes according to plan.
cheers

yeah she's keen for gecks, i was thinking of getting her some cheaply, but i dont know enough about them to know what i should be paying. i'm all over how to keep 'em, just dont wanna get ripped so i can spend the money i saved on myself :)
she also likes green tree frogs. dunno why. tried to convince her the green tree PYTHONS were coolder, but she didn't buy it. i dunno

Yep, I just buy them without telling her. 'Oh darling, we need to go to the airport on Saturday'. After all this time I don't know why she still then says 'Why?' She should know by now! Its not like relatives ever visit us. :)

I make it a point to keep an ear out if she ever says 'they are cute'. Add that species to the list. :)

If she has stuff she spends money on eg. hair, nails, massage, shopping sprees etc then you can say 'hey, you spend money on your things, this just happens to be my thing'
I do that when my hubby buys stuff, new ride on mower, gym membership, mountain bike etc etc I use that to get what I want. And usually what I want is never as expensive which also works in my favour 'at least the bredli only cost $300, your ride on cost $9,000' and so on.....
It always works. Also if she says (for example) nails only cost $30 you say yeah but its an ongoing cost, buying a snake is a one off.

When i was younger i used to buy mice without telling mum and just slip them in with the ones i already had. She never knew how many i had or what they all looked like. If she doesnt take an interest in them may be she wont notice another one.

PM moosenoose;)

Hehehe the best way is don't tell them anything ;) I hope she doesn't snoop through my 12yr old daughters room too thoroughly. She's kindly stashed my Lowlands Copperhead behind her collection of teddy bears :twisted: :lol:

Hey, don't rouse on me, I've had to take some pretty extensive steps to get what I want :p

Wait til I get my tigers and Red Bellies this coming season! I've been building an exterior snakehouse but it's still a fair way off yet :D

my mum is like that, and since im still living at home, its quiet an issue, i normally just tell her ive already paid for it because it was a "limited time offer" and i didnt want to miss out. and put up with her complaints for a couple of days. you would think after 6 "limited time offers" over the past 4 months would be a little suss... but she still isnt catching on!! lucky me!! my gf isnt too fond of them either, but shes easy to get around "but darling, i got you this necklace aswell" everybody wins!! accept my bank account which is quickly depleteing....

just get things that creep her out more than reptiles and persuade her to compromise:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back