Turtle heating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchell1995

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Ive been setting up for some turtles and was wondering if heating the water was necessary. I have a basking spot that reaches up to 40 degrees and the other end is about 22 degrees at the cool end.

I keep my turtles in a 6ft by 2ft tank i have there water heated at 22 degrees with an aqarium heater and a basking light thats pointed over a big log that rises out of the water. 40 degrees sounds a bit hot to me.

Well I don't need to worry any more, the cat thought it could walk on water and broke the glass lid and dropped the heat bulb and all into the water. Damn cats!!!

how thick was the glass? how big's the tank? and what type of turtle.. if you can get somthing to cover the the side up where the glass broke and take the tank outside make sure they have some places they can get out of the water bask and once you have your basking and heating sorted try again.

glass is about 5mm thick tank is only small 60cm X 30cm. only the lid is broken, was only going to use for 2 baby turtles

That's a really small tank size. Realistically, it isn't going to last very long at all. Usually a dock basking spot between 32 - 33 is fine for turtles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back