Turtles in pond

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tfor2

Reaction score
I have never had a turtle, and i have a pond thats around 10m round filled with water lillies among other pond plants. Would a turtle live happily in it or would it just get out and go?

would be find but you will need a fence around it.

Maybe put a floating land area in there, if they cant get out to any other land, and they should be fine..
Ben

in a pond you wont need a floating platform as thay are generally surrounded by land

Depending on what turtle you get they may have a feild day with your plants
I put my two turtles out in a pond when they were big enough to look after themselves.
I don't have a fence around mine (waiting of rcomments)

Last winter was there first and they are both happy and healthy as the weather is warming up and they are getting active.

Depending on where you live weather wise will depend on how active they are thoughout the year

All I have in mine is a large round log that I couldn't get through with the axe. It is big enough for the turts to get out on and slightly slopped so one end is just under the water level.

Depending on what turtle you get they may have a feild day with your plants
I put my two turtles out in a pond when they were big enough to look after themselves.
I don't have a fence around mine (waiting on comments) but it is recommended because they can wonder but usually only if the pond has no water (can't see that happening) or there is no food (for now the plants will cover that)

Last winter was there first and they are both happy and healthy as the weather is warming up and they are getting active.

Depending on where you live weather wise will depend on how active they are thoughout the year

All I have in mine is a large round log that I couldn't get through with the axe. It is big enough for the turts to get out on and slightly slopped so one end is just under the water level.

I have a pair in my pond which is 3x3x0.5>1m they could more than easily get out. But i think they have enough space etc so they just don;t try.

Yeah that is the same as mine but my pond is only 2x3x.35-.45

I would have gone deeper but it was clay, hard as a rock and I didn't even have anyway to put the first 15 wheelborrow loads let alone another 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back