U. milii - Tail Shape vs. Sex

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoreliaMatt

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

I was wondering if people could please post 'top down' pictures of their sexed milii to compare and probably prove me wrong! lol but it seems that recently i have noticed a slight shape difference in several pictures of male and female milii.....

the males seem to have a longer and straighter "thick" bit and it tapers off quickly, whereas the females have a shorter "thick bit" and a more gradual and longer taper.... if that makes any sense? lol

it could just be me! but would like to see if this maybe means anything? or is it just one big coincidence?!

cheers

Matt

yes, you could be right!

Here's my female

U.milli.jpg

and the male

U.milli1.jpg

Havent noticed it personally but could yet be another indicator of sex- even at an early age?

Lars- You have some beautiful animals! Would love to get my hands on some specimens like that here in Aus!

Havent noticed it personally but could yet be another indicator of sex- even at an early age?

maybe.... but i dont know anymore.... i think its more coincidental than anything.... lol

Hi Morelia matt

Your millis look interesting, do you know there locality ?

Hi Morelia matt
Your millis look interesting, do you know there locality ?

Seeing as Matt is in Adelaide, I'd say they were SA type (possibly came from a SA petshop!). They certainly have the band across the back of the neck that was on the one i found down that way! (see my latest thread for photos!)

Seeing as Matt is in Adelaide, I'd say they were SA type (possibly came from a SA petshop!). They certainly have the band across the back of the neck that was on the one i found down that way! (see my latest thread for photos!)

you got that right! lol i have no idea on the locality of any of them....... your guess is as good as mine....

should go out one night looking for milii and see what variations i find..... never actually seen a wild milii before!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back