Unidentified snake ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tryonreef

Hello to every one,
would any one here be able to identify this small snake that was found at my dads place. I think that it may be a Keel back but I am not sure, these snakes appear to be reasonably common to our area and the old man has sighted numerous specimens in the past. We live on the coast in Central QLD.Here are a few pics as well.
Cheers Scott.

looks like a whipsnake to me, but i'm no expert. Be interested to see if i'm right. Just went by the big eye.

Heres a pic i took recently of a blue/grey phase...
In the North they come in a variety of colours; some are truely stunning....from yellows, greens, through to reds, browns and blackish type animals....
Thanks for sharing, they are a beautiful colour variable species.

Gee, they have big eyes! Is there a reason for that??
Hey Inidcus....how do you get to put your autograph on your photos??

ok so i was wrong, back to the books....

Hi Garthnfay
Just a average standard picture program a mate gave me to crop and resize my pic's etc.
It also allows you do several tasks, like wording and touch ups etc...
Easy pic's, i think it is.....i'll cheak and see if i can get you a link.

Mate; wrong one......try; picture it! 7.0
type into google....plenty of info there :wink:

Re: RE: Unidentified snake ?

GARTHNFAY said:

All the better to SEE you with :twisted:

Re: RE: Unidentified snake ?

GARTHNFAY said:
usually species like keelbacks and whipsnakes are diurnal and have larger eyes for hunting using sight in daylight.

What about this one?

Anyone?

[ Image removed by moderator. Any members posting pics of the guessing comp on this or any other site will be ineligible to enter the competition ]

:wink:

Anyone seen question 5 in the guessing comp & does the above pic seem familiar???

Tryonreef said:
Hello to every one,
would any one here be able to identify this small snake that was found at my dads place. I think that it may be a Keel back but I am not sure, these snakes appear to be reasonably common to our area and the old man has sighted numerous specimens in the past. We live on the coast in Central QLD.Here are a few pics as well.
Cheers Scott.
unidentified_snake_2_955.jpg

It's Jaws!! :D

Nagraj said:
What about this one?

Anyone?

:wink:

Foul!!

And you reckon you are a cop... Way to set a good example 'Mr Pillar of the community'. :roll:

:(

RE: Re: Unidentified snake ?

lol, du dunt, du dunt, du dunt du dunt du dunt aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh :p

Some people believe keel backs can eat Cain toads in small amounts and not die
Can any one out there say and prove if this is true? It would be really interesting to find out whether or not it is true

Yes it has been documented, and is suppose to be true; however probably more associated with juveniles and sub adults eating small toads...I also don't think it's a matter of them actively seeking and hunting toads as such...neither would it be the desired food choice...I've also been told they apparently are able to drop the end of their tail quite easily?
I once off sided to a friend working on a doco shoot where they wanted to get the first footage of them eating toads...
A small toad was placed in the snakes mouth; to which it proceeded to spit it out; i don't blame it....Then the film was reversed; and wola...keelback appears to enjoy eating a toad...I should also say the snake was fine; other then the indignity of the experience.

yes its true, i have seen a keelback eat toad taddys.

We used to get nice red and orange ones on the tablelands indicus

nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back