Upgrading Olive

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

animal805

Reaction score
Coffs Harbour, New South Wales, Australia
Hi all,
Just about to upgrade our smallish 20 month old Olive Python from her large click clack into a larger enclosure 120x60x60. What would be a suitable substrate? Was thinking about hemp as she has been on news paper for the 3 months that we have had her. I have a coastal and a Murray Darling on hemp substrate and they love to burrow in it and it is easy to clean and maintain.

My girl has always been on that Aspen Snake Matting which she has never had an issue with. I dont feed her on it, but its easy to clean up when she needs to clean out...

From what I have read, paper/newspaper is the safest/best, but Aspen and Kritters Krumble seem to be very good, nothing bad about them that I have found.

Hope this helped :)

coir peat from bunnings , cheap soaks stuff up like a sponge and so easy to spot clean , plus the cheap cost means you wont care about throwing the whole lot out for full cleans

i use it for my womas with no ill effects to date , it was also recommended to me by the breeder of my female woma who hadn't had any problems with it

just ake sure you get the smaller blocks that make 9 litres and have no added fertilisers , it the one in the blue packet last time i bought it but steer clear of the larger blocks that make 30 or so litres , its also in a blue packet but has added fertilisers

if you choose to try the coir peat let us know and i can give some tips on drying it out fast after expanding it with out doing anything stupid like putting it in the oven ;)

Cheers for that thomasssss. My son has gone ahead and bought some hemp substrate but I will give the coir peat a go for my two indoor pythons when next I do a full clean. I will pm you for some handy hints

I have my Olive (& other pythons) on Kritters Krumble, it's good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back