Varanus brevicauda

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NCHERPS

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I see there's a fella on Herptrader selling V.brevicauda for $1500 each for sub-adults, their a pair.
Is this the going price for these?
Anyone on here keep them and could tell me more about them.
Maybe someone knows the breeder or another breeder that they could recommend.

Thanks in advance.

Neil

those animals have been on herp trader for ages, were initially advertised as juvies that how long theyve been there.

Neil,
These are the first V. brevicauda I've seen advertised in the last 2 years (bare in mind though that I did tend to ignore all ads for varanids until about 6 months ago when my interest was sparked).

I guess the going rate is whatever will be paid. I'd happily pay $1000 each for those animals, but that could be because I'm nuts for monitors - especially ones that are as cute and active as V. brevicauda.

Simon Archibald

Simon,
I know what you mean, in the UK the only small monitors available are Ackies, so when I came out here and came across others including 'brevicauda' my interest has been re-newed, even though I haven't kept monitors for years.

Looking forward to seeing your photo's of the kings.

Worries me a bit that 'Basketcase' has seen them on there for 6 mth's, but maybe just because they are expensive!

There's a few in NSW according to the stat's for 2002/2003 from NPWS.

Cheers,
Neil

Over the last few years some of the smaller moniters have come up for sale for the first time anywhere, i think they are from the same guy who had permission to collect them and he has since bred them.

Ad 408-402 advertising the Short-tailed Pygmy Monitor (Varanus brevicauda) sub adult pair was placed on March 24th, 2004. I have not updated the age of the pair since it went up on the HerpTrader listings. The ad even stated 'Female has laid before.' Maybe basketcase is thinking of another advert?

We remove all ads after a 3 month listing, so it hasn't been up there for ages or for 6 months. :)

So the ad along with a couple of others were removed from the listings this morning.

Regards, Judy (aka HerpTrader)

Thanks for that Judy.
Would it be possible to show when ad's are placed on 'Herp Trader', just so you can gauge how long they have been there, I know you do place a date when say a photo has been added or price reduction has been added, the red type is great, I just think that it would be good to see when the ad was placed.
What do you think?

Cheers Neil

NCHERPS said:
Thanks for that Judy.
Would it be possible to show when ad's are pplaced on 'Herp Trader', just so you can gauge how long they have been there, I know you do place a date when say a photo has been added or price reduction has been added, the red type is great, I just think that it would be good to see when the ad was placed.
What do you think?

Cheers Neil
The ads are listed in Chronological order.

The live on the "Day" page available under the Herp Shop home page: http://www.herpshop.com.au

They are on the Day page is duplicated on the "Recent Listings" page which holds the recent weeks worth of ads, newest at the top and oldest at the bottom.

Once the ads are a week old they are distributed amongst the the three category listings which are also maintained in date order, newest at the top. These categories are "Snakes", "Lizards" and other (Things like Turtles, Crocodiles, Frogs, second hand enclosures and books, etc.)

The ads are deleted when sold or after 3 months.

Regular visitors to the site go down the listings until they encounter listings they perused on the previous visit.

I would not be concerned about how old the ads are. It is a source of continual amazement to me that old ads often attract a lot of inquiries and sell as if the listing had just gone up.

Because we chase up our advertisers, keep track of the inquiries etc. the listings are maintained in a very up to date state. Very few items on the listing have become unavailable.

Judy usually updates the site about 3 times per day.

regards __daavid (AKA Herptrader #2)

There is a number of people breeding these monitors...but they are not worth 1500 dollars....thats too over prized....I would say give it another 2-3 years and they will be 300-500 dollars each....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back