Vic - The North West!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PythonOwner25

Reaction score
G'day Everyone. Got up nice and early yesterday morning to drive up for a day herping North West. Absolutely stunning day, 25C with blue skies and it proved to bring out some of Victoria's more arid reptile species! Species found were Shinglebacks, Tree skinks, Eastern striped skinks, Marbled and Thick tailed geckos, blue tongues, Eastern striped skinks, Mitchell's short-tailed snakes, a Jacky dragon and an Echidna! and some other wildlife too. Here are a few shots, hope you enjoy them :D 14/10/12 Oh and also, if anyone could tell me how i upload the bigger higher quality pics, that would be much appreciated, because i have no idea how to do it! :?

Attachments

• arngrysgingles1.jpg
    arngrysgingles1.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 163
  • brownshingle.jpg
    brownshingle.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 150
  • ech1.jpg
    ech1.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 151
  • msts.jpg
    msts.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 234
  • msts2.jpg
    msts2.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 208
  • paieshingle.jpg
    paieshingle.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 183
  • pairagryshingles.jpg
    pairagryshingles.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 153
  • shingleroad.jpg
    shingleroad.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 160
  • Shinglesiiick.jpg
    Shinglesiiick.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 153
  • BigfemaleThicky1.jpg
    BigfemaleThicky1.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 158
  • marbled gecko1.jpg
    marbled gecko1.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 149
  • shingle1.jpg
    shingle1.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 145
  • thickiebabies.jpg
    thickiebabies.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Nice finds and pics man love the thick taileds and the Micheles short taileds. Really nice finds.

Hey mate, nice finds! Just wondering if you could tell me what area the spot is in or what towns its near i am having trouble finding spots to go herping in vic!

Nice! Would like to get out there myself soon, see what Scorpions and Tarantulas I can find too.

I presume that's a couple of Little Whip snakes there (4th photo along the top). Was it just the sheen of the light affecting the photo? Or is that snake something a little more interesting? Looks very light on the pigmentation? Nice photos btw :D

Moose,

they are Parasuta nigriceps, the snake the right is in blue prior to shedding

I agree with Scott they are Mitchell's Short-tailed Snakes (Parasuta nigriceps) I know where abouts he went and Little Whips are not known from that area. But you can tell as it has a dark vertebral stripe, present in the majority of specimens (more evident on some of his shots on facebook) and the dark region from nape to snout is unbroken (in Parasuta flagellum the dark region is broken up by a pale bar on the snout area and they do not possess a dark vertebral stripe). Also flagellum has a different head structure.

Last edited:
G'day Everyone. Got up nice and early yesterday morning to drive up for a day herping North West. Absolutely stunning day, 25C with blue skies and it proved to bring out some of Victoria's more arid reptile species! Species found were Shinglebacks, Tree skinks, Eastern striped skinks, Marbled and Thick tailed geckos, blue tongues, Eastern striped skinks, Mitchell's short-tailed snakes, a Jacky dragon and an Echidna! and some other wildlife too. Here are a few shots, hope you enjoy them :D 14/10/12 Oh and also, if anyone could tell me how i upload the bigger higher quality pics, that would be much appreciated, because i have no idea how to do it! :?
where in western vic mate??? i live in western vic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back