want to take the next step

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonewolf

Reaction score
hey me and my partner would like to get one of the mildly venomous snakes on the class1 licence but first we we need to know if there is any thing that we need to do first
like attend a special course
also we wanted to know which would be the better snake to start with at the moment we have our eyes on a brown tree snake

I've got a 3 1/2ft brown tree snake. An absolute pussycat! :D I let the kids play with it :lol:

Unlike pythons they tend to be a bit flighty with movements and such, but once you've got one in your collection, you'll never look back! Really fascinating creatures! Also called doll-eyed snakes (which really suits them :D). Apparently make sure you buy one already feeding well on rodents, they can be a bit finicky otherwise. Mine still makes it hard for me from time to time...but then surprises me when it pigs out :D

This was a photo of my BTS taken about a year ago. They have superb eyesight, but a really crap aim IMO (but then they rectify that with how many strikes they can rip out in succession) :lol: Don't get suckered into the night-tiger hype, the eastern forms are just as beautiful in my opinion.

1DSC_0169.jpg

Yes... small mildly venomous class 1 elapids are VERY hard to get legally. Be prepared to pay relatively high prices for small "undesirable" snakes.

-H

wow that awesome where did you get it if you don't mind me asking and whats the price range on the BTS and how nippy are they generally they all good to handle (with care) and how lethal is there venom also would you be able to post a pic of the enclosure
thanks

I'll snap you a pic...and wake up sleeping beauty :lol: (Probably starting to wake up anyway) Indeed they are nocturnal, you rarely ever see them about the enclosure before nightfall. Not your typical display animal IMO

thank you heaps and yes i would have said that pic was worth posting
is there any breeders in nsw

I love their smiley mouths as well as their big eyes.

try a northern brown tree snake, also known as a night tiger. again their hard to find. but think you will just love the look of them

Yes... small mildly venomous class 1 elapids are VERY hard to get legally. Be prepared to pay relatively high prices for small "undesirable" snakes.

-H
Aww how cute. By undesirable snake you mean because it is venomous right?
I am finding all snakes, including elapids desirable now. Did not think that way originally though.

Aww how cute. By undesirable snake you mean because it is venomous right?
I am finding all snakes, including elapids desirable now. Did not think that way originally though.

no, by undesirable he means underweight or wild caught or not feeding on rodents etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back