warm enough to go outside yet?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miss2

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hi everyone.
my eastern bluies and shingles have been sleeping in the garage with heat sources for a while now and im wondering when the right time to move them back out side would be?
i have started seeing bluies crossing the road in area so was wondering if its hot enough yet?
im in canberra and the coldest at night that it is getting to it -2.

any help would be great :)

Hi, I'm in QLD and my Beardie is outside right now. She is permanently housed inside but I put her in a flexarium for a couple of hours and then bring her in. I know that she's still getting her needed warmth at night then. Not sure if that helps you but perhaps you could do something like that until your comfortable with them going out permanently?

Mine stay outside all year round in Melbourne. The Eastern Bluey would be fine, i won't comment on the Stumpy as i have limited experience with them.

I have a beardy, 2 blueys and a shingleback in a pit out the back in Adelaide.

They have been in there for about 3 weeks now. Some nights are getting down to about 5degrees, but they are still up and about when the sun is shining.
Today has been the warmest day for a few months and the beardy has gone bright yellow and they are all super active.

Miss 2,

Mine are located outside (in canberra) and have been out and active for last 3 weeks.
Just starting to take on food now as well..... This is for both my blueys and shingles

While i have been away my dad took out the blue tongues and beardie into the pit on that 25 degree day in adelaide apparently they loved it, running around, basking doing all these lizardy things. I think that if in any state the temps gets over 23 degrees and the sun is shining then they can go out for the day and come in at night, would not risk leaving them out there as a sudden change from being inside in a house temperature to like 5 degrees outdoors could bring on like a cold or flu or some kind of disease and weaken their immune system. They might even die of not being able to climatize to the cold temps of the night, this is from expirience. Tried to cool down one of my blueys but he could not take the temps and ended up getting an internal infection of some sort which was allowed to start because his immune system had grown weak trying to fight the cold temps.

I put them out during the day if its warm and sunny and bring them back inside during the night.

Its definately time for them to be outside soaking up the sun especially after a long brumation period.

I'm at south coast NSW and mine come out to bask when daytime temps are 14c+ but they won't eat unless its over 20c when they become very active.

Yeah even though it has been over 20degrees with the sun shining for a few weeks now, they have still not picked up their 'indoor' appetite.

yeah. It'll probably take a few more weeks before they get into normal eating pattern ie: as the weather warms up and they can digest food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back