Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL cris if you have car's coming in the other direction and its right in your pathway cant obviously swerve to miss it then huh would cause more damage with on coming traffic..... Our business to take it off the road??? LMAO good one Should be COUNCILS job oh wait there all to lazy for that...... No offence taken cris :D

have been searching dry creek beds for crabs but no luck. Geckos pics when i return home shawn. Gonna try and get diplo's and oedura tonight. More scorps for sure aswell.

have been searching dry creek beds for crabs but no luck. Geckos pics when i return home shawn. Gonna try and get diplo's and oedura tonight. More scorps for sure aswell.

Try the ones with water in them, a bait trap should catch them if you have one or can make something up. I only ever caught them in the larger water wholes in the creek(probably only ever caught 10 or so all up), as the smaller pools seemed to be dominated by crays.

....that smells like dead roo cause we couldn't avoid driving over it ...
Done that near St. George, at night around a bend with on coming traffic. It had been ripening in the sun all day when the front wheel went over it. Went pop. Got to the Gold Coast with blood and offal all over the side of the Honda. and a smell that stayed in the car for over a month
And as for the effect of drought on roos, this feller was just one of many dying near Winton last year.

Last edited:
well i'm home, will do a final species count soon but i think it was 5sp of gecko, 5sp of skink, 2 brown snakes, 9 scorps and 1 pede

got dubious dtella, variegated dtella, bynoes gecko, box patterened gecko and marbled velvet gecko.

yea mate, awsome trip, didnt get much hunting in, just 4 rabbits and 1 roo but the herping was so much fun.

were did u stay? sounds awesome!, im going up in a couple of weeks and want to do quite a bit of herping(wild and captive)

thanx in advance!!!

went out western qld, out past 3-4hrs past roma i think

o, no way im going that far out, i wont 2 but my mum wants 2 stay near a beach and tropics, can any1 send zoos/national parks with reptiles near surfers paradise? thanx in advance every1

dylan!

check out the mountains near the gold coast for herps. Cant remember the name, Mt tamborine is it?

thanx shall try, any idea wat species up there?

garden skinks, carpet pythons, eastern brown snakes, common tree snakes, rbbs, keelbacks, rough scaled snakes, marsh snakes, various frogs, turtles and other stuff. Way too much to list. It might be worth starting a new thread on the topic as its nothing to do with Hornets trip to western Qld.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back