Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic_Ronny

Reaction score
My partner loves snakes and wants to get an NT Albino Carpet Python, I am scared of snakes and afraid from all the research I've done that any snake is a master of escape. Is the NT Albino Carpet Python ok for someone who has never had a snake before ??

From personal experience, I'd go for either a woma or an rough scaled python. A woma will be very food oriented so might be a bit intimidating during feed time but should be a kitten when food is not around. RSP's in my limited experience with them are very placid.

Naturally, all snakes' temperaments can vary. I've seen friends' womas that would terrify Satan himself. Myself, I've had quite a few and they've always been very calm.

Here's a pic of one of my womas.

tanami_hatchy.jpg

Carpet pythons tend to grow rather large - but at a reasonable rate.

But one thing you'll never have a guarantee of - is that your snake won't escape... They're all escape (and camouflage) artists. A larger snake however is therefore better - smaller gaps become increasingly harder for it to escape.

But when they're young, take time to understand them, handle them, touch them, be around them and soon you'll warm to them... and they'll take your warmth.

Carpet pythons on the whole are easy to look after - but I can't give you any clues on to whether or not it's a 'first' snake. Mine happened to be a spotted python - then a yearling coastal carpet. My coastal is now over 2 and a bit metres long, heading towards the 3m mark. He's placid... But his tank mate... now she's a different story... And unfortunately - you never seem to be able to tell!

So I guess - good luck :)

yeah, nt carpets are fine and if it does escape[which it shouldnt if its in a decent enclosure] your worries should be being down a grand. Your way to big to be consided food, snakes arent the animals most people think them to be, they dont spend their days looking for people to bite.

+1 for the Woma Python, they can be a little aggressive at feeding time, but it's nice as a first time owner knowing that your snake isn't going to miss dinner :) Whether they escape or not is up to you in my opinion, don't get shy because of all the horror stories on the net...

i just found my diamond python after 7 months, out side in one of the plants.. lol, it was meant to be. if i didn't happen to go outside at that particular time who knows i may have never found her... on a side note id go the woma

albino darwins are fine for a first snake, get yourself a good click-clack & its escape proof. Once bigger upgrade to a full size enclosure.S7303756.JPG

thats ridiculous seven months... would have rubbed off. and seven months is a long time for no shed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back