what made you want to keep elapids?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just love everything about them, mind you I wouldn't keep anything highly venomous just yet, but after seeing my mates Marshy eat I am hooked, I want to keep one so badly but no one seems to have any for sale in NSW :(

thanks guys...great input....i think as this hobby grows so will the demand for elapids and looks like the most popular one is the red belly.
like all reptiles they are great in there own way , respect and passion would have to be the best tools when keeping them .
I must say i do have a soft spot for tigers ..........love em all

Last edited:
They're the only snake you can keep in Tassie

thats pretty stupid of who ever thought that idea up. I thought they would let you guys own pythons and get the experience first before letting you keep elapids

thats pretty stupid of who ever thought that idea up. I thought they would let you guys own pythons and get the experience first before letting you keep elapids

How would experience gained by keeping pythons help in relation to keeping elapids?. Your first elapid is still going to be your first elapid.

thanks guys...great input....i think as this hobby grows so will the demand for elapids and looks like the most popular one is the red belly.
like all reptiles they are great in there own way , respect and passion would have to be the best tools when keeping them .
I must say i do have a soft spot for tigers ..........love em all

Here's hoping our passion for elapids dosen't end up with every Tom, Dick and Harry demanding inbred, candy cane rubbish ?! "If it aint broke, why try and fix it". I think the venomous aspect will, hopefully, keep most of this away??

Here's hoping our passion for elapids dosen't end up with every Tom, Dick and Harry demanding inbred, candy cane rubbish ?! "If it aint broke, why try and fix it". I think the venomous aspect will, hopefully, keep most of this away??
yeah keep it real

So how do you feel about Albino,Scale-less and hypo/hyper elapids?

So how do you feel about Albino,Scale-less and hypo/hyper elapids?

Personally, I'd prefer a nice Barkley over an albino or scale-less any day, though I can understand the albino attraction (I wouldn't say "no" to an albino RBB, Tiger). I guess what really fascinates me is the whole evolutionary process, not the 40+ years of human intervention. For example, we were talking about Coastal tai's the other day and a friend mentioned they may be able to see in 3D (what a potent mix: 3D vision, a huge brain pan, very potent venom combined with large fangs and very athletic) and a theory for why so many keepers are bitten by their Inland Tais. His theory being, although many think of them as docile, you can't have such an amazing hormonally controlled colour change in some individuals (Brown to bright yellow each season) without some change in temperment as well! I could go on:)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back