What size pile on synthetic turf (Astro turf)?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

porkosta

Reaction score
Hi for anyone that has a fake grass look in their enclosure please help me out.

I am about to change the substrate in my Pygmy Bearded Dragon enclosures and I am looking at putting synthetic turf in.

Just wondering what size pile (height) is suitable for use with dragons? The shop stock common sizes such as 10mm, 15mm and 35mm.

Also has anyone had any issues using this fake turf with Dragons?

Thanks,
Andy

Ive used fake turf before and will prob go back to it cause im sure it smelt better then sand...
Id go with the shortest pile height as its easyer to scrub.
Id cut 2 pieces for each enclosure and when one is dirty swap it with a fresh piece and take the dirty one out back and give it a scrub with a brush and some domestos or similar and rinse with hose and hang to dry.
Works great and lasts for years.

Ive used fake turf before and will prob go back to it cause im sure it smelt better then sand...
Id go with the shortest pile height as its easyer to scrub.
Id cut 2 pieces for each enclosure and when one is dirty swap it with a fresh piece and take the dirty one out back and give it a scrub with a brush and some domestos or similar and rinse with hose and hang to dry.
Works great and lasts for years.

Perfect, all I need to know. I wasn't sure if the short pile was to course as the longer pile feels much softer.
Thanks

Yeah maybe softer but longer pile would be harder to clean and would prob fall apart with long term scrubbing and i doubt dragons care, mine spent more time on there logs and rocks then on the turf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back