What sort of stimson python do i have?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
skinks are only offered as a last resort, they have been frozen at -22 degrees for at least 6 weeks first, this little guy will be on rodents asap.. im confident we will be able to cross him over soon..

mrkos, yes unfortunaly i was sold this snake and the person that was my go between the breeder and myself was in a highly trusted position with and is a very experenced snake handler incl vens, im starting to see they have used my lack of knowledge against me to sell me this snake hence why neither of them will communicate with me now, but none the less, the deal is done just have to move to forward i guess and try and learn from other users as much as i can about this snake, its hard enough learning snakes let alone jokers taking the piss out of me doing so !!!! ive bein around other reps for many many years and im only new to the snakes

skinks are only offered as a last resort, they have been frozen at -22 degrees for at least 6 weeks first, this little guy will be on rodents asap.. im confident we will be able to cross him over soon..

thanks heaps Tony, its just the matter of time atleast in the meanwhile he is eating something which he needs giving his size :)

from what ive been told those stripey black and white ones you find on your fence are quite toxic and asian house geckos arent even from australia so who knows what parasites they could be carrying which could be harmful to your snake. As tatt2tony says its a last resort method only when all else fails.

Two points l could make, personally [1] l am the 1st to admitt l don't keep feed charts, l just feed all my hatchies every six days and as for shedding/sloughing their 1st shed is generally around ten days and if fed/maintained properly [as hatchies] they will shed every 4-6 weeks developing up to 6-8 weeks as they get older. the [2nd] point is hatchie stimmies can be very very hard to get to eat, but [imo] feeding skinks or similar is a no-no as they can carry some very ordinary parasites. third point is you have a very nice looking stimmie there he..."maybe"...of mixed lo-cal and the breeder doesn't want to admitt to this and you "may" have to settle on this solution....cheers solar 17 [Baden]

[imo] feeding skinks or similar is a no-no as they can carry some very ordinary parasites. [Baden]
how would this be a problem once they have be frozen for a period of time, as 99% parasites will not live at those temps if im wrong please correct me,

from what ive been told those stripey black and white ones you find on your fence are quite toxic and asian house geckos arent even from australia so who knows what parasites they could be carrying which could be harmful to your snake. As tatt2tony says its a last resort method only when all else fails.

thats interesting how are they toxic and what makes them toxic if you could give more info here would be great several people incl books have said there fine as a last resort, im sure that it would be fine as they would encounter these guys more regular then a nest of pinkies in the wild, please correct me if im wrong

Last edited:
who cares what local the little guy is, as stated,he is more than likely a mixed locale, but a hot little stimmie he is.. this is not a bad thing, i know it's frustrating but in the end,your not going to get rid of him just because you arnt sure of his locale..

who cares what local the little guy is, as stated,he is more than likely a mixed locale, but a hot little stimmie he is.. this is not a bad thing, i know it's frustrating but in the end,your not going to get rid of him just because you arnt sure of his locale..

Well considering the OP asked the question i will assume he does ;)

couldn't not care for his locale but would be nice to know abit more about him hence why im asking but since discovered this is not going to be possible as many have stated now, and have no intentions of the lil fella going anywhere :)

thanks everyone now its clear i will never know his true locale (as most know i new to snakes in the reptile world hence all the questions)

Last edited:
Ime only going off what ive heard through experienced breeders and keepers.
thats interesting how are they toxic and what makes them toxic if you could give more info here would be great several people incl books have said there fine as a last resort, im sure that it would be fine as they would encounter these guys more regular then a nest of pinkies in the wild, please correct me if im wrong

he took a skink, then a pink mouse with a skink tail in its mouth... cool.. mice on the menu for him now..

great stuff tony.. that didnt take long mate :D
and best of luck with your new python stimmie.

he took a skink, then a pink mouse with a skink tail in its mouth... cool.. mice on the menu for him now..

HUGE THANK YOU TO YOU TONY, im over the moon that this little guy has bein eating let alone now pinkie becuase of tony's help :):):):):)

Hey Stimmie,

One of my mates recently purchased a stimmie that looked very similar to your one off dolittle farms at the wild expo. This animal is listed as a high yellow 'Windorah' stimsons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back