Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trench

Reaction score
My parents have finally told me that I can get some more herps. I am wanting something that will not be really common in a few years, like the albino darwins are becoming. But I am also wanting something that is not too pricey.
sorry to those that hate these kind of threads but I am all out of ideas myself so......

Everything that is uncommon now, will become common. With the cheaper prices on some of the most valued animals, they will become more common. You can't really predict an animal that won't be common in the next few years, unless you find a hybrid of interest.

those little garden skinks, not pricey and uncommon in the hobby.

My parents have finally told me that I can get some more herps. I am wanting something that will not be really common in a few years, like the albino darwins are becoming. But I am also wanting something that is not too pricey.
sorry to those that hate these kind of threads but I am all out of ideas myself so......

Any normal carpet that hasn't got Albino Darwin or Jag in it- as going by some threads on here everyone is breeding albinos and jags over most things now..
A nice normal coastal...Very underrated snakes.

Ill be getting a wheatband Stimson's Python soon i dont think there too common are they ( I sure as hell cant find any for sale :p )

I think all the wheatbands got replaced with wheatbelts because the belts are easier to undo.

barneck amethistine, they get pretty big though, like 15ft+, just dont tell your parents that lol

water pythons....

Gidgee skinks, Hosmer skinks (if you can find them)

What exactly do you mean by not common as if they're not common in a few years it would mean their not common now?

You have not actually mentioned what type of animal you want.
Herps come in all shapes and sizes.
How about a perentie? Frill neck? If you are after snakes go brown tree snakes or keelbacks? RSP? If you are after a pet that will get you alot of money down the track forget about it (not going to happen). Just appreciate whats available and good luck.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back