Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jessb

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Where in the house do people keep their enclosures? I'm talking about people who just have one or two snakes, rather than people who are lucky enough to have a whole room dedicated to them!

Our Stimmie hatchling will be in a click clack, within a large, locked cabinet-size enclosure. We might fit it in to our office, which is usually quiet in the evening, but it is more likely we will have it in the lounge/living area. We are usually up reasonably late with lights on etc, although she will be left in peace during the day. Will having people up and about late at night with lights and TV on bother her/stress her out?

Well when I get a snake its gonna go in my room.
I'm not in there too much and is generally quiet.

hmmm, we don't really have room in our bedroom... it's a big cabinet!

PS Macee, how are you going with choosing a snake?

i have a six foot beardie cage with two henrylawsoni and four centrals and a two foot cage with geckos and a four foot tank divided into two sides for spotted pythons male and female i am getting i have it all in the lounge room looks great people think i have reptile park in the lounge

I keep my Snake in my room aswell as my Beardies .But i'm begging dad to kick out the renters of our granny flat out the back and turn it into a mini Herp house LOL :D

I keep mine in our lounge/living area, I think they get used to alot of movement that way.
And its lovely to glance in the enclosures whenever we walk by. And any cleaning up that has to be done gets done straight away.
Both mine are very good handlers, and don't seem to be the least bit nervous. :lol:

I have 2 Stimson Pythons in my computer room, 3 Bredli in the family room, 2 Woma in my bedroom and 1 Murray Darling Carpet Python in the lounge room :).

My bearded tank is in one of our lounge rooms - they connect so you can look over from the couch in one room straight at the tank. Geckos (when they arrive) will be in my bedroom on my desk here. Python is likely to be in my bedroom too - housemates are a little bit nervous at the prospect.

i keep mine all over the house. my bedroom, the hallway and the lounge :) any where i can find room and i also buy stackable enclosures :)

i keep my snake and beardie cages (double bank) in my room, although only the top enclosure holds something, the bottom one is only 1 week away from being a home to a baby beardie i named juno lol

My one beardie lives in my room, in his tank usually... but he's starting to think he owns the entire room now.

i just moved my enclosure to the spare room. she was in the living room, but a lot of foot traffic, tv noise and lights at night so wasn't really fair on her.

think she'll be happier in an out of the way place...i can chill on the couch in there with a book and watch her do her thing too.

i think if you're going to keep them in the living room maybe a flag or towel to drape over the front at night would be good

We have are lucky enough to have a dedicated snake room which is quite large. We also have a small house out the side which we are doing up to turn into a large herp room for our larger snakes. And my son lives in the unit on the other side of the house which is where he keeps his snakes and stuff

i just moved my enclosure to the spare room. she was in the living room, but a lot of foot traffic, tv noise and lights at night so wasn't really fair on her.

think she'll be happier in an out of the way place...i can chill on the couch in there with a book and watch her do her thing too.

i think if you're going to keep them in the living room maybe a flag or towel to drape over the front at night would be good

Thanks for the tip about covering the enclosure - I had wondered about that...

tfor2 - that's the kind of info I DIDN'T need to hear - it just makes me jealous ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back