Who wants to live for 1000 years??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too hopw that happens in our life time U think the current life exspectancy is about 80 and the worlds oldest recorded human is about 110
200 years ago the life exspextancy was abut 50 but that was before peniciline but thats very interesting Id love to live that long

Bugger that. I will never get to retire. No point putting extra money into super if I will never get it.

That's not right. There are tons of unexplained deaths and the cause of death is noted as "Natural Causes", when I worked for DERM I saw tons of death certificates, as they had to be faxed with wills, often allocating land to people. There are tons of old people that are in seemingly fine health and die in their sleep. It's not known why.

While in most cases we don't bother finding out it is now scientifically possible to at a cellular level look at exactly why they died. Many death certificates will still say died of natural causes, but when you look at it there is no possible way to die without 'something' being wrong and disease (to paraphrase) is defined as something being wrong. Died of natural causes could just mean died because of enzyme failure in one of the many required chemical pathways of the human body, they wouldn't know this because they don't bother checking this. My point is people don't 'just die' without some crucial quantitative thing changing for the worse, and that has nothing at all to do with what a death certificate says.

For extensive autopsies it has to classed as a 'reportable death' to determine the cause and circumstances of a death and assist in identification of the deceased person.This could be for many reasons,but these autopsies unfortunately can be expensive so its not a common practice on explainable deaths.

i would , ..then i will see how well the Apes can stuff up the planet just like we did.

Just imagine the strain on the planet. We'd all die of starvation well before the 1000 year mark.

Unless they came up with a system that everytime someone dies, a baby is allowed to be born.

Imagine the logistics of it?

My Grandfather lived till he was 101.5 and was only in a nursing home incapacitated for the last 18 months of his life. Previous to that he went out every day to City tattersalls club in the Sydney city and before that used to go to all the race meetings as he loved horseracing.

i remember being in a two level train carriage in sydney and my grandfather was sitting on the steps that lead to the upper level. I had this man come up to me and say...your grandfather can sit on that seat over there....and i said he wants to sit on the stairs...when he looked at me funny I said...when you are 99 you can do what you like....and he looked at me and said yeah I know my grans 80 and then i watched his brain compute that my grandfather was a full 19 years older.......and on a train with me coming home from having dinner in the city in peak hour.......

You think in many ways you would love to live till 99 and have the sort of health he had which besides a few aches and pains and bad knees he really was very well....that moment on the train is very special as it wasnt long after that he collapsed and had to go to a nursing home.

The sad part was he saw too much.....his children got old as well and they had worse health than him....particularly my mother....and that was the worst trying to explain to him what happened to her when she suddenly got dementia.....and he couldnt get his head around her getting old...he used to look at me like I was still in my 20's and forgot I was in my 40's which was the age he sort of kept thinking my mother was....and it wasnt because he was off his head...but more because he had lived so long he couldnt get his head around the fact we were all getting older......all his friends died because he outlived them all.

So i guess what I am saying is...i dont even want to live till I'm 100 unless everyone else does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back