Wild Carpet

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vixen

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well I was thrilled to see this guy the other night, thinking now he is the first wild python ive ever seen. He had found a perfect perch above my rat racks haha.

I would have loved for him to stay around the house, but being in a populated area I didnt want him wandering off into someone elses yard and being killed, so I rang the snakecatcher for a good place to relocate him so off we went.

Was very placid too considering 1. he was in food mode and 2. we were poking big sticks at him trying to get him off the roof haha. Well not poking him but trying to get him to climb on them which he did eventually. No hissing, no striking no nothing! :)

Sorry about the VERY crappy end photo, camera hates focusing in the dark plus my bro kept getting in the way. :lol:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 281
  • 1 (1).JPG
    1 (1).JPG
    325.8 KB · Views: 158
  • 1 (2).JPG
    1 (2).JPG
    357 KB · Views: 166
  • 1 (3).JPG
    1 (3).JPG
    391.3 KB · Views: 189
  • 1 (4).JPG
    1 (4).JPG
    364.4 KB · Views: 239
Stunning snake, I would love to find something like that in my yard.

Neat. He looks nice and big and healthy. Kinda makes ya wonder what else is hanging around for a feed!

Nice looking carpet, there was one fairly similar in appearance hanging around our rat cages the other night. I called the same snake catcher you did.....in my case though there was no phone involved, just me leaning over the stairs saying "Oi Kris!" :lol:

AB-SOL-UTE-LY STUNNING snake... Sigh... I have only managed to talk the other half into 4 snakes... I don't want to push my luck at the moment. I hope you enjoyed viewing him... Home-delivered viewing at that!! Lol.

Nice looking carpet, there was one fairly similar in appearance hanging around our rat cages the other night. I called the same snake catcher you did.....in my case though there was no phone involved, just me leaning over the stairs saying "Oi Kris!" :lol:

:lol:

:lol:!

very nice find, very jealous!!

man thats so un fair... i'll never see anything like that down in melbourne.
NO ,NO you wont .......but on the bright side you get to see people walking around with big handbags and "I LOVE MELBOURNE "t-shirts on ........no comparison really :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:..........(pssst I live in a snake wonderland too;))

NO ,NO you wont .......but on the bright side you get to see people walking around with big handbags and "I LOVE MELBOURNE "t-shirts on ........no comparison really :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:..........(pssst I live in a snake wonderland too;))

I'd give up handbag city for snakeland anyday.

We have heaps of locals here , we get regular visits from a spotted & we had a brown tree snake a few week back , quite a few blackheadeds live along the creek but we do live on a cattle property & across the road from a national park

Thats a gorgeous snake there.
It is such a shame that people kill these guys..hmm...
Responsible thinking you did to get hm relocated.
Good work.

Well I was thrilled to see this guy the other night, thinking now he is the first wild python ive ever seen. He had found a perfect perch above my rat racks haha.

I would have loved for him to stay around the house, but being in a populated area I didnt want him wandering off into someone elses yard and being killed, so I rang the snakecatcher for a good place to relocate him so off we went.
Cool....Although your a whoos Vixen and to think I admired your spunk on certain issues on this site till now!! You didn't even bag him yourself!!? ;)
lol only joking!
Still think your pretty cool!
It's always special to see wild herps like we all keep.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back