Wild Coastal Carpet (lots of pics!)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitah

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
WOOHOO! I'm thrilled :D Saw my second ever wild carpet today, and it was a coastal! A girl from the college told me it was in a bin at the college (black wheelie-bin) and I didn't want anything to happen to him so I moved him to a bush area away from buildings (as I've done with the spotteds previously) Didn't try to strike, though hissed a little bit. I LOVED his markings, absolutely loved them! He seemed interested in going near my face a few times, and I wasn't keen when he moved a bit into the "strike" position while aimed at my face. but no blood was drawn (sorry guys!)

Picture loaded :D
49267243db8.jpg

Coastal_Carpet_Python1_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Coastal_Carpet_Python2_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Coastal_Carpet_Python3_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Coastal_Carpet_Python4_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Coastal_Carpet_Python5_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Coastal_Carpet_Python6_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Coastal_Carpet_Python7_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Coastal_Carpet_Python8_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Coastal_Carpet_Python9_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Coastal_Carpet_Python10_by_xshadowxv.jpg

[[URL="http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs36/i/2008/244/4/5/Coastal_Carpet_Python11_by_xshadowxv.jpg/img%5D"]http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs36/i/2008/244/4/5/Coastal_Carpet_Python11_by_xshadowxv.jpg/img][/URL]
[IMG]http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs37/i/2008/244/3/8/Coastal_Carpet_Python12_by_xshadowxv.jpg
Coastal_Carpet_Python13_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Coastal_Carpet_Python14_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Coastal_Carpet_Python15_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Coastal_Carpet_Python16_by_xshadowxv.jpg

crappy quality photos but shows his markings :)
63010715ag7.jpg

39150206qy6.jpg

79334761ar1.jpg

49069767ay2.jpg

62300726ql6.jpg

going...going...gone
84969258oe0.jpg

62479173da5.jpg

47476670eg6.jpg

Nice snake! Heh his facial expression just seems to be cranky in all the pics XD.

ok how do u embed a youtube file? lol..

[video=youtube;x6dgSiPgNug]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6dgSiPgNug[/video]

Great picks Laura, well done.
Im sure you will have no problems handling your 1st snake when you do get it.

Nice herping footware as well :lol:

haha they wern't my shoes :) I had joggers on lol.

And I hope I don't have probs whenever I DO manage to get my first snake :) considering so far I've handled three wild pythons by myself and had an adult olive slung around my shoulders.. and no tag yet.. don't think I'm doin TOO bad :)

Was the olive python "ollie" from Billabong sactuary? I used to work there after I did uni in Townsville. And it's a wicked spot for a uni if you into snakes like I am - there's heaps out there

Beautiful animal. Pity about the watermarks blocking the good bits though.

Looks like some good scaring around the nostril and behind the eye.

I do believe that it was indeed Ollie :) Nice snake, I love olives :D I haven't actually seen many snakes around the uni, unfortunately :( I have been looking, but don't know exactly where to look; have been checking the creek beds, dirt roads etc in the afternoon into the early night, and haven't actually found anything yet when I've specifically been looking. Unfortunately most of the snakes I've seen have been road kill; a slatey grey, two spotteds, a brown tree snake and two unknowns. Have relocated 2 spotted pythons and this coastal from the college though.

Also what kind of camera are you using? I love taking macro photos of snakes and lizards, they're eyes come out so wicked, and different every snake.
Those are really nice photos. This is one of my ones

Attachments

• Little Cam 028.jpg
    Little Cam 028.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 64
Sorry about the watermarks.. I upload them onto deviant art and then get lazy and just use the URLs to save time re-uploading and posting in here.

The camera is a fuji finepix s5700; great for macros, though is still only a point and shoot. takes fantastic macro shots! nice picture, thanks for sharing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back