Women charged over pest turtles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me - do these 22 year old girls really sound well informed?

They advertised on the internet... By the sounds of things they weren't even aware of what they were doing. That's just a little silly now isn't it?

If they're punishable for stupidity they'd get the full law on them...

Even if they did know what they were doing - would you advertise your sliders on the internet?

I doubt it - That's kind of like selling E online... hmmmm...

Anyhow, what they did was wrong, and they will be punished I am sure (as will the sliders, terminated I would guess)

some people are really dumb

ive seen them advertised on petlink

ive also been offered them along with on one occasion a snapping turtle in some petshops which will remain nameless

some people are really dumb

ive seen them advertised on petlink

ive also been offered them along with on one occasion a snapping turtle in some petshops which will remain nameless

Are snapping turtles illegal? Afterall they are native.

I assume they were THE snapping turtles, the huge American ones. ?

Thansk for the update Fuscus. I hope they dont become a real threat down in MELB like up here in QLD. God people are stupid sometimes.. sorry most of the time!

the frusterating thins is they are so easly avaiable
and the people that run some pet shops are selling them, when they should be the first people to protect the enviroment, they depend on it for their businesses

no person, unless you are a trained zoo expert should have any kind of exotic turtle including sliers and snappers, as i said eairler i have seen both these turtles readly for sale in local reptile stores

i will refrase that my apologies
American Snaping turtles

North Americian snapping turtles can get HUGE!! Trader and I were supervising a school camping/canoe trip around Lake of the Woods in Canada when our son was in year 8. At one point we stopped off at a rope swing and all the kids had a go. I had a broken shoulder at the time (a real bummer when you are in a canoe!!) and as such just got to watch and in the water was the biggest fresh water turtle I have ever seen. If this thing wanted to it could take your leg off. It looked close to 900mm long in the water. It seemed like a gentle giant and swam off slowly as the kids started jumping in the water. I imagine this animal to have been a century or so old.

This area of Ontario Canada gets quite cold in the winter and the lake complex freezes solid. The snapping turtles obviously cope with this quite well. They belong in Canada however, and not in the land of oz.

Yeah they have a bit more snap than our elseya sp. does anyone know where i can buy some :lol:

Its not the same at all, in some ways it is much worse(obviously not if you are/know the person murdered). If someone murders someone i dont know it doesnt bother me at all, but when these scum sell such invasive species that are already forming destructive populations that does effect me and anyone else who has the slightest respect for our ecosystem.

I hope they go to jail for the max. time and it gets all over the news and it is highlighted how much damage these ppl cause. An even better thing would be to make them pay and work towards eradicating the species from the wild. They are nothing but selfish and irresponsible.

Exactly what i explained earlier. Well said Cris!

P.S. No snappers for you :p

def no snapper for youm lil they are so so big

buttoo dangerous to keep in australia

do zoos have them

no wounder RES got into Australia

Just been surfing around

You can pick up common RES in the US for us $2.50
and snappers for 12 bux lol

wen i was offered sliders he wanted 150 for them and he wanted 1000 for his snappers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back